WTS Addresses Child Abuse - er, kind of...

by iiz2cool 139 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Undisfellowshipped: that was pretty good...it had me laughing, but it was, I'd say, a good follow up to ButterknifeOfJah's post.

I think, considering his mindset, that your reply - (cross yer fingers) will get him thinking.....chances are, you and I will win the lottery, but what the heck eh?

Good one Undisfellowshipped .

• AlanB
    AlanB

Well this is my first posting to this forum having watched from the sidelines for a while.

It appears that the GB are a load of old men who have been holed up in Brooklyn for so many years they are way out of touch with the real world. The policies and advice they provide is misguided and inapropriate.

I wonder what Jesus Christ would advise had he been present when these policies had been discussed? Provide one or two witnesses and dont involve the secular authorities???? I think not.... There again he would probably have been disfellowshipped for criticising the organisation and branded an apostate.

Have Fun....

• LESLIE MENDOZA
    LESLIE MENDOZA

READ THIS PLEASE

I WAS SEXULY MOLSTED SINCE THE AGE OF FOUR. NO ONE EVER TALKED TO ME ABOUT IT. I CRIED ALL THE TIME. GOD WAS NOT USED IN MY HOUSE MUCH BUT MAYBE IF MY MOM READ THIS TO ME I WOULD OF TOLD HER AT THE AGE OF SIX. MY SONS ARE VERY YOUNG I STILL TELL THEM TO BE CAREFUL IF I HAD IS TO READ TO THEM I WOULD . SEX IS WRONG BUT ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOW HAS BEED MOLSTED. I DO BELIVE IN GOD HELPING US AND THIS IS THE PROVTH. GOD CAN HELP. MAYBE EVEN STOP PEOPLE . I WAS NEVER TOLD TO SAY STOP. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Leslie my dear.

Have you had any opportunity or chance to discuss this abuse with anyone?

I am so terribly sorry to read of what had happened to you.

I hope that you have had a chance to speak with a counsellor or professional about this.

There are members on this forum who can most definitely relate.

Welcome to the forum Leslie. Enjoy your stay.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Welcome Leslie,

I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

I am glad that you believe that God helps us. I believe that also.

God absolutely hates it when wicked people hurt children -- I would say that that is probably the worst sin in God's eyes.

• alamb
    alamb

where to start...

After reading the excepts from the new book, I am glad it wasn't put out when I was young and I have no intention of letting it be put into the hands of my children.

I was molested by 2 elders and believed that Jehovah protected those he loved (which must not include me). After all, the magazines were full of experiences of brothers and sisters in foreign countries hiding magazines in haystacks and dresser drawers and, with Jehovah's loving help, Satan's conspirators didn't find them. But somehow they found me and Jehovah didn't hide me. To top it off, they were elders, mind you. Appointed by the FDS and used by Jehovah to shepherd the flock. What the heck was wrong with me? So I pioneered and pushed myself to do all the stuff good JW's do at the same time knowing in my heart I probably didn't qualify for life in the new system because if Jehovah wasn't protecting me now, why would he save me at Armageddon?

The wording in the book is fine. The morality is hauntingly vacant. Nowhere does it state that the adult is fully responsible. Nowhere does it say the child is a victim. It twists the sick mess back on the child and immediately makes them little perverts.

And the reference to LOT!!! Ludicrous. The story of Lot only makes incest better than homosexuality. Lot's wife was the evil one in that family. gag.

I am sending these pages to child protection agencies locally and to counsellors also. This stuff has no place in print and is a shallow attempt by the WT to posture themselves for upcoming and ongoing court cases.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I took a look at my mother's copy. They start talking about sex and demons on page 65 and keep it up off and on all the way through the book. It is really sick. I hadn't read to page 170 until I saw this post. My sister has been reading it to her daughter and our neices who are 7 and 6. I told my sister in law to put a stop it, that it is really an awful book. Of course, my mother (the grandmother) bought back a book for each of them. She knew better than to give one to my son. Another generation will grow up living in the same fear that I did.

Pam

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I have an appointment next week to show these pages to a therapist who works with many abused children. She said she would be glad to review the pages for me and let me know if they are harmful or not.

I will report back.

-Lisa

• alamb
    alamb

Good idea Lisa. I sent the pages to several child advocacy groups along with pedophile awareness sites. I'll post what I get back.

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

I know that I'm waaaaayyyyyy late in this thread but have just read it and have some serious, serious problems with it (the pages not the replies). As I started into the article, my first gut reaction was "OMG!!! Why would anyone put a visual of lions and demons eating people in little kids' heads????" As a "wordly" girl, I used to have nightmares all the time about demons and devils chasing me and coming to get me so I can just imagine how a child reared in the borg would react to that!!! Dear mother of God, do these people not think about what they print will do to these kids??

Secondly, I took offense at the line where it said that Jehovah will undo the damage. UH???? OOOOOOOOOOOh really?? Talk about setting a child up for some MAJOR disappointment in his/her life when the "damage" is not undone! To me, that read like "Don't worry if that bad person did that to you...Jehovah will give you amnesia and it'll be like it never happened." Yeah right! As many members of this board can attest, it just don't work that way. The memory stays with you forever and it shapes who you become in the future. I was abused once as a child and let me tell you that I would give just about anything to NOT remember it!

Lastly, I have a question. It was mentioned in several posts about having to have 2 witnesses to the "event". I'm not sure that I understand that. Keep in mind that I'm reacting to all of this solely at a gut level so much of what I say may not be accurate but it would seem to me that if a child is abused by someone and there are 2 witnesses to it, well does not not constitute something even worse? I really need clarification on that one before the foam dripping from my mouth stains the carpet!

I agree with all of those who have said that the WTS is doing too little too late on the issue of child abuse. )The same can be said for my old alma matter, the Roman Catholics.)

Please forgive my ranting and raving here...I'm just astounded at what gets handed out to the children of the borg.

Andie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit