The new book for children.

by dmouse 69 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

LOL @ the picture of Armageddon.

It looks like a scene from a bad horror B movie. LOL

• sandy
    sandy
    And why is there a lamb running among the minions that are being destroyed?

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

• caligirl
    caligirl

I thought the same thing as funkyderek. If this book is geared towards 5 to 10 year olds, what better way to scare them to death than to draw pictures of kids only a few years older than they are being destroyed? It also reinforces in these poor kids that Armageddon is "imminent" by bringing the illustrations to nearer their age level.

I remember a discussion with my mother about the My Book of Bible Stories when I was a teenager. I told her that it was, in my opinion, wholly unnecessary to put violent illustrations in a childrens book. Just leave them un-illustrated. Kids should not see those kinds of pictures. I of course got the "kids see violence on TV every day" blah blah blah, and I told her mine wouldn't at the age that this book was geared towards! When I did have a child of my own, I told her that if she read to him from the book of B.S.( pun intended), she was NOT to read any with the violent depictions.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Another proof that the WTS are hypocrites. JWs can look at violent images in the Society's publications, but cannot look at violent images on television. They might as well put a picture of Dinah getting f***ed in that book as well.

• gumby
    gumby

Littlewitch,

My comments were not at her.....they were at the Christian concept of what God HAS done and WILL do in the near future. I am sorry if I hurt anyones feelings on this but I was trying to prove a point. The point is I felt, the ridicule coming from christians against the society was hypocritical if you really want to compare. To compare......see last post of mine.

I would appreciate a response from a christian on my thoughts.................pleeeeeease.

Gumby

• Swan
    Swan

I sent the following email to my friends tonight.

I'm sending this as a warning to my friends. I was exposed to similar images
    as a child and had nightmares as a result.

Attached is a picture from page 243 of the Watchtower Bible and Tract
    Society's (Jehovah's Witnesses) new children's book from called 'Learn from
    the Great Teacher'.

Ironically Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in the doctrine of hellfire and
    denounce religions who use the prospect of hell to scare people into
    obedience, but will no doubt be plugging this book from door-to-door next
    fall as a nice gift of wholesome Bible stories for your children,
    grandchildren, nieces, and nephews. They probably won't show you page 243
    while at your door.

So you should take a look and see if it is the kind of bedtime story you
    want to expose your little children to.

My personal motto is "It's not my job to preach any more!" I tell myself this from time to time to keep things in perspective, to stay in a healthy place, and not give in to angry attacks, but rather, to pick my battles. This picture, however, disturbs me. I guess it stems from all of the horrible images I was exposed to as a child. The thought of them trying to give this to kids really infuriates me. So I had to send this email.

Some of the people on my list send me every chain email that comes along, so maybe by the time it is done, a few thousand children will be spared from having to see this picture. I would feel really good about that.

Tammy

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Beer is all over my monitor screen.

Ugh! Anyways, cleaned it off. Just about died when I read that SYN.

Very funny.

I think there's an idea for a new thread, don't you think?

• embalmed
    embalmed

Speaking of disturbing images funded by your friend the WTS™, does anyone remember in which of their publications had the picture of the Aztecs performing a human sacrifice by ripping out this guy's heart on an alter? I remember when I was little going thru some of the books my mum got when she was studying, and it somewhat traumatised me. o_o;

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Oh I remember that as well embalmed, it was a tad disturbing .. I think it might have been in the evolution book or the paradise book. Not sure .. I remember it was definately one we studied at the bookstudy though

monk3y

• Latte
    Latte

Embalmed, Yes, I remember that. I'm fairly certain that it's the 'Mankinds Search For God' book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit