The new book for children.

by dmouse 69 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Blasphemy!! What Liars!

Jesus is Nothing like this! I can't believe I was ever part of an organization like that. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

If you want your children to learn about Jesus, all you need to do is read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to them.

This one really ticks me off!

• Aztec
    Aztec
    *note to self, stay outa red-light districts during armageddon!*

I think you should stay outta red-light districts all together dear.

~Aztec

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I don't think there are any subliminal images in this picture although I do think it's interesting that all the people in it are young (teenagers?) Think this was deliberate, in order to scare kids as much as possible?

• dedalus
    dedalus

I sent a link to the picture (NOT to this website) to my Witness sister-in-law, among a few others. I was curious to see what her reaction would be; she's pretty "liberal," I guess, and I hoped for some earnest apologetics that would at least reassure me that Witnesses don't accept the idea of fiery genocide in its unqualified form.

My e-mail consisted of a brief, two-line introduction in which I named the publication and noted that it was a book for children. This is my sister-in-law's response:

Dedalus, could you please not forward me things that bother you about the society's publications, being that I am someone who reads and follows the society's beliefs? Thanks, I feel it puts me in an uncomfortable position with you and the others who receive the email, being that I am a witness.
    Thanks.

Hmmmmm.

Dedalus

• SYN
    SYN

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y
    Dedalus, could you please not forward me things that bother you about the society's publications, being that I am someone who reads and follows the society's beliefs? Thanks, I feel it puts me in an uncomfortable position with you and the others who receive the email, being that I am a witness.
    Thanks.

So she feels uncomfortable about being a witness, how unusual.

monk3y

• little witch
    little witch

SixofNine

When I went to meetings in the 70's, we were taught (drilled into our heads) to answer at doors "WE WILL FIGHT FOR JEHOVAH''

This being in response to statements made to us that JW's refuse to fight in wars. (This was during the Vietnam conflict)

I didn't mean to imply they would fight in armeggedon. Sorry for the mix up

• gumby
    gumby

Lover of truth,

Jesus is Nothing like this! I can't believe I was ever part of an organization like that. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible

No......he's much much worse. Isn't Jesus also the one who killed women and babies by the millions in the O.T.? Jesus is the one who did that isn't he? If he didn't.....then he was right along side his dad while dad did it all.

I wonder what the pictures would look like if the O.T.......PROVIDED PICTURES WITH THE STORIES?

Suppose we had pictures with the stories of (Num.chap 31) "Kill every child, woman , and baby". I guess the bloodshed would look much worse than the ones in the new book were talking about.

If you want to condemn writers for publishing sick and perverted human attrocities......then blame the bible writers......their the sick bastards that started the hatefull, murderous God we have come to know.

Gumby

• little witch
    little witch

Gumby

That was a mean thing to say to Lover, her comment was her own opinion, and not intended to offend anyone. She is also a ''newbie'', making your words all the more callous.

Shame on you.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Thx for posting this, it saved me the time of having to do this myself.

Just got back from the 3 day DC. Wow!

Anyways, yes, this picture is amazing. I made the comment to someone that I was surprised that we should be offering this to our Bible Study’s children. The reply was that it was only for JW’s, not people in the world. But it was then pointed out that the very last page say, “If you desire more info or a bible study, contact…”

“Oh, I guess we are supposed to be giving this to Bible Studies and RV’s." They really didn’t know what else to say about that because they thought that the picture was too graphic for children, especially for “worldy” kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit