born again Christians

by ymrah 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dansk, Please refer to me as JamesT. Our dear fellow JT gets meaner than a junk yard dog, when his handle is misused. It can indeed cause some confusion. Thanks. JamesT (not to be confused with the far more eloquent and handsome JT)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Billygoat; train caught....

Some things people believe I agree with, others I don't agree with but understand, others still I don't agree with and don't understand, but don't see them as bad.

Calvanism is neither right or truthful, and is morally repugnant to me as regards its philosophy, just like Nazism is neither right or truthful, and is morally repugnant to me as regards its philosophy.

It is a horrible set of beliefs that turn god into some arbitary monster.viewpoint.

Hope that explains my viewpoint

• Dansk
    Dansk
    JamesT (not to be confused with the far more eloquent and handsome JT)

Sorry, JamesT.

(not to be confused with the far more eloquent and handsome JT)
    Ah, but can he post such good pictures? (How do I get back to black instead of red? I kept clicking away but it wouldn't change ) Dansk

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Ok, I'm happy for you! But what about Hellfire? You say you accept God's gift of salvation, but do you believe that those who don't accept this gift go to Hell?

My "hell" today...here on earth...is one where I am no longer in God's presence. There have been times in my life where I have been so far away from God that I couldn't bear to live any longer. That is my hell on earth. As for hellfire...have you been there? Neither have I. I don't know of anyone that's been there to testify what it's like. So I don't know what it's like or who is there. I'll try let you know someday after I die. I might have a better answer.

Andi

• Dansk
    Dansk

Andi, you didn't answer the question.

You say you accept God's gift of salvation, but do you believe that those who don't accept this gift go to Hell?

Dansk

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My answer Dansk is I DON'T KNOW. I know what many BA believe. But if you read my earlier comments you'll remember I don't necessarily believe everything that a typical BA believes in.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Andi, I admire your honesty. Are you sure you're a BA?

Dansk

• Nikita
    Nikita

Lol, so what happened to?

As I'm having some serious differences with some friends about the born again attitude I would like to get some information on their origins, practices and what they actually believe Help me somone Please

ymrah

Leslie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Leslie,

Déjà vu

Dansk

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Billygoat wrote:

"My "hell" today...here on earth...is one where I am no longer in God's presence. There have been times in my life where I have been so far away from God that I couldn't bear to live any longer. That is my hell on earth."

I so agree with the essence of what you are saying. I know these feeling well and have at times almost self-destructed because of them. However, could it be that when we feel as if we are "no longer in God's presence" and "so far away from God", that it is our blindness, our lack of presence, rather than God's absence? On a cloudy day, the Sun has not abandon us, though it may certainly seem so. More and more I realize that the only limits or boundaries to what we call "God", are within my mind. JamesT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit