born again Christians

by ymrah 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• borgfree
    borgfree

I think that some are misunderstanding the "born again" idea, some have already been trying to point out that it is not a religion, you can be a born again Christian and be in almost any church. I could attend the Kingdom Hall if I chose, it wouldn't make sense, but I could do that and still be a born again Christian. I would still be in the family of God, that, is my true congregation, church.

My contract, because I cannot think of a better word, is between my Lord and me, that is a done deal, to quote Dan Hall. I am saved because of what my Lord has already done, and my salvation is already done. I see no benefit in attending a Kingdom Hall or a Mormon Temple or many other places where they do not believe or teach as I believe, but I could, and still be a born again Christian.

To accept many teachings that do not agree with what my Lord taught would be ridiculous, how could I possibly claim to be a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, and at the same time accept teachings that He did not accept, or teach in any way?

Some get upset about the beliefs of Christians, they think Christians should be willing to believe that there are many ways to salvation, or, to God, but, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, NO ONE gets to the Father EXCEPT THROUGH ME" how could a Christian believe there are MANY ways to God and still claim to be Christian?

If we do not accept the teachings of the Christ and do our best to spread those teachings I do not understand how, or why, we would claim to be Christian.

As to what I said earlier in this post, I could attend a Kingdom Hall or anyplace else, and not be failing as a Christian, as long as I did not compromise my Christian beliefs.

Borgfree

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Andi, I admire your honesty. Are you sure you're a BA?

((((Dansk))))

I'm just another person out there in search of truth. I'm no different than you really. I can project that hell exists or hell is fiery and terrible. But do I KNOW? No. Neither do you. Neither does anyone else in this world. Why speculate or dream up an answer just for the sake of having an answer?

As I'm having some serious differences with some friends about the born again attitude I would like to get some information on their origins, practices and what they actually believe Help me somone Please

ymrah

I guess we did get a little off track. LOL! But I guess my point in all of this is that it is human to try to "organize", "label", and "categorize" people into a specific definition. I don't think this is always healthy. It bothers me greatly when someone tries to BOX ME INTO A DEFINITION they have in their head. It leads to incorrect assumptions and unnecessary judgements about others.

Andi

• amen
    amen

You see I can see that Jesus was right, he came to divide people, eventhough we have a book about him (his life) as a believer we still arguing what is the proper way to salvation. The whole thing saddened me.

I really think one day when we die we'll have the answer. If we don't wake up after we die well too bad for all of us. In the mean time i see myself as sincere searching for God and it ain't easy with all the contradictions in beliefs.

So, this life that we have is worth enjoying it every second, love God to the best of your ability and do goods to your neighbor. If i make a mistake that i should have be an in a religion for salvation. I am not to blame because i have tried.

Amen

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Amen to that, Amen!

EVERYTHING we think we know about God is provisional.

I'm dismayed when any one single group declares itself to be the ONLY one that is right and infallible, and will single-handedly proceed to an "everlasting life" in some form or another, and that all others will "die" in some way or another. That kind of thinking is cultic, barbaric, hypocritical and sub-human.

Spanner

• borgfree
    borgfree

Amen,

I thought like that for a while

it ain't easy with all the contradictions in beliefs.

After much consideration I have decided that there is only one requirement for salvation (I have asked the opinion of many Christians and they have all agreed) and that is accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I think it is necessary to know who Jesus is, I don't think we can accept Him as Michael the archangel, or just another prophet, or just a good man, it is vital to know who Jesus really is, and that, by using the bible as proof.

Jesus said that He had to be raised up as the snake, that Moses made, was raised up in the wilderness. The requirement for the Jews to have their lives saved, at that time, was to go to that snake and look at it, then they would not die. There were no added requirements there, such as, what path you took to the snake, what you were to wear, what tribe you were a member of, etc., just go, look at the snake, and you would live.

I think it is clear, and I think the bible backs it up, that Jesus was using that example to show how we would get salvation, by looking to Him.

All of the other doctrinal arguments are fine, for discussion, and maybe for better understanding, but are not a requirement for salvation. Not like the JWs. We can discuss scriptural questions, we can disagree, but, those things do not effect our salvation. Salvation is one thing, Jesus Christ.

So, this life that we have is worth enjoying it every second, love God to the best of your ability and do goods to your neighbor.

I agree totally. I had never been so happy and enjoyed every moment of my life as I have since I became a Christian.

Borgfree

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There was a time I called myself a Christian; but never again. And the reason is extremely simple. I have three adult children. I love them and help them whenever I can. There are no strings or conditions applied to my affection and caring. They could hate me. One did for a time; but my warm feelings did not change towards Him. I am here for them no matter. I do not think I am an unusual or special parent. This is simple the nature of love. On the other hand we have Jesus, who is there for you only if you accept Him as your Savior. His love is not without strings. He must gain something out of the deal: our acceptance and our worship. So, it simply comes down to this: I find it impossible to honor, worship and love an idea of God whose love and understanding is shadowed by my own. To do so would go against the very nature of honor and integrity. There are many here who are worshipping this Jesus fellow when if we gave it a closer look, he should be worshipping them; as they are far more Christ-like. I mean no disrespect. This is honestly how I see it. JamesT

• amen
    amen

Hello Borgfree,

My spiritual journey is a long one and it is not over. Before i was a witness i had experienced what people call today being born again which means if i am correct. At one time i prayed until i cried that i accept the lord as my savior and i felt a few second lator a force that strike me twice like that i could describe as a pleasant electric force. Remind you at the time which was 17 years ago i did not know anything about doctricnes what so ever for years i never talk about this to anyone because i did not know if it was demonic force. Still today i don't know what to make of it. However the experience was real.

Why did i join the witnesses since i heard a lot of comment that the spirit would guide the cristians since it is a false religion. Why did i spent my valuable time my best time in that religion.

I do not have the answer and i am still searching. How much in the bible is inspired i don't know, sometimes i can read Paul's giving his own opinion on matters is he there inspired. I still don't know. Should we stick only to Jesus word and ignore all the others just to be on the safe side.

Things are not as clear as i thought it would be. Many occasions i think it is clear but not so to be honest with me. Jesus has left a legacy here on earth to all especially those who profess to be cristians, will he find faith when he'll come back.

That's everyone to answer that question. That's why i conclude to my previous post.

amen

• JT
    JT
    I really did try to find god. He never turned up.

now this is a sick poster, BUT I LOVE IT- your post was on Q

• amen
    amen

Hello JamesThomas,

On doctrinal ground i know i am not the best on that because just like the watchtower it can change tomorrow my understanding of things. My impression of your post is this i think Jesus wants people to accept or acknowledge the sacrifice that he did for us but we have the free will to accept or not, men made it very complicate.

amen

• JT
    JT

(not to be confused with the far more eloquent and handsome JT)
    yea right- just trying to look decent that is all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit