born again Christians

by ymrah 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I went to a lot of churches after my df'ing....including some of those "born-again" groups, to "church shop" with my ballroom dance partner.....all too JW-ish for me.....<flashback >

Vern was a "born-againer" and was very helpful and supportive about me leaving the jws. I did appreciate his support, he stuck by me when the dubs abandoned me I appreciated not having to go through that alone.... however, he had his own agenda. And he just wanted to keep "changing" me into something that I was not. It didn't end at the religion, because even after I left the dubs (my choice), he kept wanting more changes. He was kinda controlling. I had enough and said, "I left the jws because they wanted to control me and make rules for me. Now you want to make rules for me and change me into something I'm not!"

It didn't sound healthy to me, so I broke up with him.

ESTEE

• Dansk
    Dansk

Heck, Ozzie

the general view of Bible commentators is that Hebrews was not written by Paul, (it's just not known who the author was), Revelation is an apocalyptic book (as is Daniel)

The point I'm making is that if so many books in the Bible are spurious (ALL OF THEM!) then how can a BA say he/she is being guided by Christ/God/Holy Spirit? The entire Bible has its roots in Egypt and is a collection of fables.

cults like the Dubs take words in it as being literal and prophetic

Exactly! Does this make the BAs a cult, then?

Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk
    As I'm having some serious differences with some friends about the born again attitude I would like to get some information on their origins, practices and what they actually believe Help me somone Please

ymrah

Hey ymrah, Has this lot helped (LOL)? Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk

EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, BUT TO SETTLE MATTERS ONCE AND FOR ALL, CAN THE BA’s LET US ALL KNOW:

IF ONE IS NOT A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN DOES THIS MEAN ONE WILL NOT RECEIVE EVERLASTING LIFE WITH GOD AND ONE’S SPIRIT OR SOUL WILL DIE ALONG WITH THE PHYSICAL BODY?

• Dansk
    Dansk

I guess I've just found the answer to my question:

This came directly from a Born Again website:

http://www.born-again-christian.info/how.to.be.born.again.htm

You may be faithful to your religion, unimpeachable in 'holiness', but without salvation you'll die a sinner's death, doomed to Hell.

According to this, one could be the most altruistic, loving and humane person on the planet - but if you don't accept Christ as Lord and Saviour one is damned to Hell. That's as bad as the teachings of the Watchtower.

Dansk - trying to keep Karma over this!

• qwerty
    qwerty

Brummie ......... I am late to this meeting too!

Anyone read this thread?...............

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/51139/729667/post.ashx#729667

After coming out of the WT Borg, no sorry before coming out - I accepted Christ as my savior.

To qualify what I said in my post - Going to a building filled with people is not the truth, come follow this way or that!

Having a personnal relationship with God is. Though personnal failings on my part I have let this waiver lately. Even so I can confirm Jesus words "you will know (me) the truth and the truth will set you free"

Qwerty

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Querty,

On the thread you refer to you wrote:

Unlike being a JW I do not feel condemed anymore, in so much as fearing God's anger for not doing enough (ministry, donating to the ww work etc).

OK, in light of my last post, just above yours here, could you please tell us how you cannot possibly fear God's anger if Hell-fire is the lot of all those who don't accept Christ? Are Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, etc., damned to Hell? Am I when, for no fault of my own, some bastard organisation screwed my family and I up? Is an academic to go to Hell because all he/she did was search for truth through, for example, archaeology and historical studies (and who could blame them with all the religious crap that's taught!). I'd be seriously interested in your thoughts here.

Dansk

• JT
    JT

Blueeyes

Ditto what JT said. This is the first experience I have EVER had in my entire life where a "born again" person doesn't admit that you have to be "born again" to be saved

Yep --when I read her post I was taken by surprise for my exp has always been that being born again/saved was a CORE DOGMA of persons who consider them BA.

Sorta like a Catholic who says the Pope is not part of an unbroken line of popes coming down from Peter- some beliefs are the cornerstone of that faith.

Sorta like a muslium saying the Koran is like a Sear catalog-

But as she stated she considers herself BA , but doesn't believe that one must be BA/Saved to have a good standing with God- hey you learn something new each day IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY- SMILE

Dansk says:
    You may be faithful to your religion, unimpeachable in 'holiness', but without salvation you'll die a sinner's death, doomed to Hell.
    According to this, one could be the most altruistic, loving and humane person on the planet - but if you don't accept Christ as Lord and Saviour one is damned to Hell. That's as bad as the teachings of the Watchtower.

Now this is my exp with BA, but we have all had the chance to meet someone like Billygoat who rejects that commonly held teaching found among all the BA I have met over the years- I find it refreshing

It is almost like meeting a JW who says the GB is not being used by Jehovah-

What this entire thread has shown is clearly the problem that any Belief System has-- when they stand up and declare themselves to be the one and only way, and this is a common thing among almost all belief systems

The concept that "We over here got the inside track to the divine and the rest of you don't" is a powerful draw for it makes the followers feel SPEICAL-

When the sad truth is we are all just struggling to make ends , raise our families , do good to others and die,,

That end of life condition is so unacceptable for most folk- so belief systems promise folks AN AFTER LIFE on the OTHER SIDE---

at the rate we are going there are at least 1000's of different heavens folks have created thru their beliefs systems

We got heaveN just for the muslium, just for the christain, then you got the various sects of heaven for the sub groups, YOU GOT TO LOVE IT I guess-

If you read many of the post you will see many state it is up to the god of the bible to decide who gets salvation, and I can understand why they have that view---- it is due to such persons believing that everyone accepts the bible and its explanation of god/worship/ and what he will do to those who DON'T ACCEPT HIM as the god of the bible- to some the bible is just another book on the shelf

it is like reading about what the god called Zeus will do to those who reject him-

around the world the fear of death, and hell and loss of salvation as described by the bible and interpeted by those who follow it don't wash with many folks- the same as many bible believers view other "Holy books" as mere stories, OTHERS view their book the same way-

and that is why WHEN one group/indiviuals declares WE TO THE REAL DEAL OVER HEAR is so sad

But everyone doesn't accept the bible- just because IT SAYS SO AND SO-

The same as most BA don’t' accept the Koran just because it says SO AND SO-

If a musluim was talking to a BA Christian and said "One day Allah will grant you salvation despite you not knowing his Greatest Prophet Mohamad

I doubt you would find many BA impressed by the Koran telling them that Allah thru his greatest prophet Mohamad will understand that they were blinded and mislead into believing this fellow Jesus was the greatest Prophet--

and therefore ALLAH read their hearts and now they can enter heaven and get their 42 virgin wives—WELL THEN AGAIN THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD DEAL FOR SOME MEN

--(why is it you never hear of women being able to have 42 Studs up in heaven waiting on them hand and foot- you got to love a religion created by a bunch of dirty old men looking for some "Young PYT")- SMILE

But hey whatever FLOATS YOUR BOAT--

• JT
    JT

Blue eyes says

I know some people like you may not believe in it but isn't it weird how you have to actually shut yourself off from the "Official" position? Don't you think that's a little strange? Doesn't it remind you of some other religion from your past?

very deep point- for that was what i thought the moment i read her comments- but as we all know

if it gets you thru your day- cool

• gumby
    gumby
    I think before anyone joins any religion they should study the history of Christianity. It's too easy to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Amen. This thread should be summed up with those words.

Dansk,

Christianity teaches all without christ will perish. I guess god is going to kill all the billions who have never even heard of him or barely know OF him. Real nice eh? Just like god killed millions of people who knew nothing of Noah or VERY LITTLE of him........god drowned them all........even little babies even though the bible teaches a son does NOT answer for the error of his parents. What a god!

God is going to kill millions of muslims, buddists, and all other eastern religions too. Why? They haven't excepted Jesus! Go ask a handfull of muslim kids what they know of Jesus.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit