abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

I know reason on a topic like this is like spitting upwind, but what if life starts with breath? Then protect the infant from harm; a viable, living, breathing human being.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat read what you just wrote about an anti abortion person ripping the instruments from the doctor , because it can put the fetus and mother in mortal danger lol the fetus is already in mortal danger! no i dont think a christain should blow up anything never said anything close. this is a moral issue so why would i fight a moral issue with something immoral?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My sister is a family doctor. When she was still in medical school, I browsed through one of her textbooks. This one happened to be on delivery, and it provided (graphic) instructions on what to do if all goes wrong. For instance, how to remove an infant dead and suppurating in the womb. The dead infant must be safely removed without harming the womb, the mother. It is a horrible circumstance to imagine, but it does happen. Thank goodness we have a robust health care system that can prevent further tragedy in circumstances like this.

Thanks to that textbook, I became a firm believer in hospital births, with all equipment no more than ten feet away. Just in case.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, you are calling all to urgent action. After all, babies are dying right now! Because of your inaction. It's an emotional call. It leads people to extreme thinking and extreme action.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yeah hospitals can save lives ,but who will protect the babys from an abortion?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

and your view leads to sitting back and doing NOTHING.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's an example of misled, emotional thinking that leads to extreme behavior.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2010/01/31/baptist-kidnap-33-haitian-children-in-the-name-of-god/

• jgnat
    jgnat

No I haven't, ravens. Waaaay back at the beginning I gave two examples of groups who are positively making a difference for parents and families. One of them started out as an anti-abortion group and after some serious brainstorming, switched their message to a positive one. The charity they formed is active today.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry if you have answered this unstop, but what is your view on pregnancy due to rape?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: that group is not pro choice from the sound of it, that is a far cry from"well its the mothers choice" cantleave: rape is a horrible crime, but i dont think because the father did an evil act the baby should be aborted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit