abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Unstop, victims of rape would I imagine check and check again for being pregnant at the earliest possible point and would likely take the morning after pill or IUD (assuming they dont have another reason to be pregnant) in the first few days at any rate to prevent it.

Where in the above scenario is a "BABY"?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

wmf: we already have been through this, i am getting tired of having to rewrite the same things over and over. embryo fetus/baby that is forming in the womb. jer1:5 psalms 139:13-16

• jgnat
    jgnat

ravens, I don't think you will find a single pro-choice comment from me on this thread. I have challenged the "solutions" to this "atrocity" that you have offered; legislative reform and re-education of women. I have pointed out specific problems with this approach.

As mind-bending as this might be for you, I am not in either abortion camp. I'm challenging extreme thinking.

My point is that pro-life activists, my friends, when they got down to brass tacks, had to change their approach to supporting parents. A young woman with no options is going to make a desperate decision. Give that young woman options. Give her hope.

I am also wondering why you are ignoring the moral alternative I have offered? You don't agree? Why?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see. Biblical interpretation. So you refuse to consider alternative interpretations of that text?

Adam was just mud until God breathed on him.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: there is no third camp, are you asking about what you said about "if"life begins with breath? if you what if a constrution crew were to demo a building ,they say there may be a person in there. should they demo? what would you think if they did? if you dont know exactly whe.n an fertized ovum become a person, why demo or abort. what if the demo crew said we are 5o% sure noone is in the building should they demo? if you dont know fure sure when its life than why demo.

• jgnat
    jgnat

All either-or, black or white, evil or angelic, eh? Why? God created a world of extreme variety. How many sexes do clownfish come in?

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/08/clownfish-are-all-born-male-a-dominant-male-will-turn-female-when-the-current-female-of-the-group-dies/

I am sure life begins with breath.

We check the whole building, 100% sure, before detonating it. We still have to detonate it because to leave it standing causes a hazard to all who pass by and the nearby buildings. We don't ban all demolitions for fear. We don't re-educate building owners on the immorality of demolition.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: adam was not born, not the same thing he was created. do you even believe in adam? if not i dont know if you should use that as an example. black and white, well sorta. either you think a women has a choice or you dont. playing the middle and not claiming either side is cowardly. so please clarify for me, what is your view. a girl is 25 she has sex get preg, does not want to have a kid yet she is 8 weeks preg. no health issues. in your view does she have the right to choice an abortion?

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think the father has a right to support the mother in her choice, he doesn't have a right to override her wishes. It's her body. I would hope that if you are in a serious relationship that it would be discussed like rational adults.

So are you telling me that you think a man has a right to meet a woman and make a decision for her that she is having a baby? That is barbaric! This isn't the dark ages however much you might wish it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

caedes i think mother or father have the right to abort that baby, your right this isnt the dark ages. so why are you okay with abortion?

• Caedes
    Caedes

Because shrill religious extremists shouldn't be using their delusions as a basis for legislation of a population that don't share those delusions. Nobody is forced to have an abortion. For those who are in the unfortunate position of having to make that tough choice I would rather that they have the choice in a modern clean medical environment rather than the alternative, also preferably without some idiot calling them Hitler too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit