How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

OUTLAW: Suppose I felt a tad short of breath one day. I couldnt tell if I was just out of shape, i was coming down with a cold or it was something serious. So I go to my doctor to have my hearth checked. He make an cardiogram (or whatever they do) and afterwards he look at it a bit puzzled. So I ask him: "is my hearth ok?" he answers: "I dont know". I ask him: "what do you mean? do I have a life-threatening condition?" and he says: "I really cant tell from your cardiogram and symptoms, theres no proof either way. ".

In that case I would bloody well make it a priority to figure out if somethings wrong because what if!

According to 1-2 billions people, you are right now aiming for billions upon billions of years of the worst torture imaginable. I dont think you are really on the fence with regards to the chance of THAT happening, no rational being could be.

I would suppose you have strong reasons to reject such claims and I am curious why they do not apply at least in parts to other religious claims.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

According to 1-2 billions people, you are right now aiming for billions upon billions of years of the worst torture imaginable.

I dont think you are really on the fence with regards to the chance of THAT happening, no rational being could be.

I would suppose you have strong reasons to reject such claims and I am curious why they do not apply at least in parts to other religious claims.

Hey Bohm..

Meh..

People make claims all the time..With no proof claims mean nothing..

God..No God..I`m not going to worry about it or..

Invest time trying to prove the unprovable..Worse yet,argue endlessly about it..

Life is short..

I`m happy to let the Believers believe and..The non Believers not believe..

It makes no difference to me unless,either side is trying to convert me..

I`m not looking to be converted..My Christian Friends don`t bother trying..

Although some Christains and Atheists I come across,will still give it a try..

LOL!!..

................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Comatose
    Comatose

I just read the last ten pages here. it was entertaining. CG I did not read your post fully or carefully. I started scrolling and was amazed at its length. It was even longer than when Tammy dissects an Adamah post and replies to it a sentence at a time. I may go back and read it. I dont know. If it's seriously just numbers and patterns equal god then I'll pass. I've studied lots on fractals in nature and other numbers based things. I used to think that was evidence for god. Then I asked myself what was the alternative? That we would have life and order without the numbers and patterns?

CG you should watch the National Geographic show on the Human Genome Project.

• jhine
    jhine

Outlaw I am curious about your statement to CG that it would be nice to have a little honesty from those who claim to be Christians , and that he could learn from those who "are Christians " . I get that you say that it is not up to you to judge but you seem to see a difference in the attitude of some from others . What could CG learn , in your opinion ?

Jan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jhine!..

The people I consider Christians..

Aren`t Dishonest or Manipulative,as CG has been on this thread..

And

They don`t try to Force their Beliefs on me..

I find them non judgmentel and happy with me as I am,a Non Believing Agnostic..

CG could learn from Christians like that..

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you OUTLAW , call me Jan

Jan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jan it is then!..

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jhine
    jhine

Well now that you are calling me Jan I am very happy with you ,a Non Believing Agnostic .

Jan

• jhine
    jhine

P.S . this does not mean that we can go steady or owt I am a married lady of a certain age ( middle to late )

Jan

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit