How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I agree that christians should not be attacked. Show some testicular fortitude.-cofty

These two points in the same post LOL! Instead of saying "show some balls", you changed the words.............mustn't be an attack eh?

You make me smile Love to cofty and Mrs cofty-Kate xx

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I think you could do a bit more thinking about why there are no Christians in Afghanistan.

Is it not true that they are generally killed? The tolerance for Christianity is very low in the Middle east

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

There are few Christians in Afghanistan because preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ there has been, for all practical purposes, outlawed by those who hold to the teachings of radical Islam.

• besty
    besty

I accept its difficult to be a Christian convert in Afghanistan, and that the predominant culture is Islamic.

What does Bible God think about that?

Ideally should these Afghanis ultimately be converts to Christianity, because they are pretty mindful about offering a reverse procedure - see link below.

The point is that if we were able to do a theoretical experiment and raise children in a benign environment, would they be Muslim or Christian or neither?

*BTW - what teaching of radical Islam outlaws Christianity compared to vanilla Islam?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

After reading up on the percecutions of Christians in the middle east, and far east such as China it is pretty safe to say you just can't compare the western world atmosphere of raising a child within a faith, and entire nations percecuting or even outlawing and killing those of specific religions. The western world has many people choosing different beliefs than their parents. It's safe to say that mostly ain't gonna happen on the Middle or far east.

• Giordano
    Giordano

True enough nonjwspouse. Here in the USA we have freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion. A religion does not have the right to do anything that is unlawful so no burning people at the stake. However given the history of christianity given the opportunity to murder other christians or Jews they have always been up for that sort of thing.

In fact as late as 1945 German Christians were intent on and did murder six million Jews.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The History of Christianity as well as many religions have some pretty horrid killings. And with the current actions of today as late as, well, today, there are mass kilings of Christians continuing across the middle and far east. Where are the mass killings of others in the religious name of Christianity today?

• cofty
    cofty

CG - You have yet to show there is anything remarkable about the moon.

Long ago it was far closer to the earth and looked much larger. Conditions were unfavourable for life. It's orbit will continue to change. We just happen to live in the time period when it's relative size and distance corresponds to the aparent size of the sun. That is interesting, but a lot less intersting than a thousand other facts about the universe.

The religious beliefs - or lack of belief - of the pseudoscientists who wrote your second favourite book are irelevant.

Why would you imagine that god left a series of clues in imprecise measurements of the moon, many of which you have had to make fit? It's just such an odd idea. Your fascination with the number four is just bizarre.

I understand you committed many hours to researching a theory that just doesn't have any substance. That is a pity. Time to cut your losses.

Stop questioning the motives of those who question your ideas. That is a cop-out.

• besty
    besty

The western world has many people choosing different beliefs than their parents.

Correct - non-belief is one of the fastest growing groups in the US

A 2012 study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reports, "The number of Americans who do not identify with any religion continues to grow at a rapid pace. One-fifth of the U.S. public – and a third of adults under 30 – are religiously unaffiliated today, the highest percentages ever in Pew Research Center polling.

When the facts become available - people will tend to make the rational choice. Hopefully the Middle East will make it out of the Bronze Age soon.

Meantime its not productive to waste time on size of moon speculations about god.

• cofty
    cofty

By the way I feel the need to clear something up...

But when one of your own here directs the most fowl language to me - Christian Guy

There is on such thing as "my own". I am not a member of any grouping. I speak for myself and nobody speaks for me. I disagree with things non-believers say almost as often as I disagree with believers. I like and admire believers and unbelievers, and I get insulted by both.

Be your own man CG and stop trying to create an "us and them". This is not a school playground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit