How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I was told, " If you want to offer evidence that there is a god I for one am sincerely interested in hearing it."

I said that and I was - and I still am. All I got was numerology, the moon fits over the sun, 400, therefore Jesus!

• bohm
    bohm

christian guy: I demonstrated several flaws in the argument including: the multiple comparison issue, the orbits being eliptical and the arbitrarity of units. You have not refuted any of this so far..

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

I provided you with far, far more than that. I believe I here provided enough evidence to give anyone with an open mind and heart, who actually bothered to carefully read all I wrote, cause to reconsider their contention that there is no evidence that the God of the Bible exists.

I believe that anyone here who really did carefully read all I wrote, and who still says they see no evidence for the existence of the Christian God does not have an open mind and heart. T hat being the case, I see no reason to discuss this matter with such people further.

And if someone did not bother to carefully read all I have already written on this subject matter, as evidenced by some of the comments that were just made, I see no reason to spend more of my time writing more words they will then very likely also not bother to fully read.

• cofty
    cofty

Your responses are as full of loaded language as they are devoid of evidence...

anyone with an open mind and heart

who actually bothered to carefully read

does not have an open mind and heart

You have ONE interesting fact - the size of the moon combined with it's distance from earth is noteworthy.

That's it. That is all you have. You then take the number 4 and it's multiples and go trawling for references in astronomy and in the bible.

The fact that I am profoundly unimpressed is not becasue I didn't read it carefully or because I have a closed mind, it's because it is contrived nonsense.

I read it, fully, carefully and thoroughly. It's vacuous.

• bohm
    bohm

CG: I provided you with far, far more than that.

Look, lets take this from the top-level. What you did was that you started out with a bunch of numbers (units and measurements) and you have access to algebraic operations (multiply, divide, etc.), the very large set of numbers you can arrive at by applying the algebraic operations to pairs of numbers will contain a few numbers that are releatively similar and specifically near 400 (i stress "near").

In statistics litterature this is called fising: If you got a large dataset then theres going to be a lot of ways to combine the data to come up with a number of predictions or correlations, and some of those are going to look highly significant. What you did not do at all was to provide evidence this is not something to be expected on chance alone. Let me put it like this. If you could ONLY think of 20 "special" numbers (such as 400, 40, 10, 144, and 16 more), on chance ALONE you could expect one of those numbers would look significant at a p=0.05 level (provided you could find a way to write down the hypothesis such that it could be tested).

I believe that anyone here who really did carefully read all I wrote, and who still says they see no evidence for the existence of the Christian God does not have an open mind and heart. T hat being the case, I see no reason to discuss this matter with such people further.

My interpretation: you know your best evidence is very fishy and seing others feel that way too, you would rather not have to discuss it further.

And if someone did not bother to carefully read all I have already written on this subject matter, as evidenced by some of the comments that were just made, I see no reason to spend more of my time writing more words they will then very likely also not bother to fully read.

So if someone does not listen to you then you do not wish to talk to those who do?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I provided you with far, far more than that. I believe I here provided enough evidence to give anyone with an open mind and heart,

who actually bothered to carefully read all I wrote, cause to reconsider their contention that there is no evidence that the God

of the Bible exists.I believe that anyone here who really did carefully read all I wrote,

and who still says they see no evidence for the existence of the Christian God does not have an open mind and heart.

I`m Agnostic..

I Mod on a Christian Web Site,for friends of mine there..

The above post is really lame/dishonest & manipulative..

You can`t prove there Is a God..Any more than I can prove there is No God..

A little Honesty from people who "Claim to be Christians" would be a nice change..

You could learn something from People who "Are Christians"..

.................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

A little Honesty from people who "Claim to be Christians" would be a nice change..You could learn something from People who Are Christians..

You have to be kidding. As a mod do you get to judge who is and isn't a christian? CG is obsessed with his own pet theory, we have seen lots of them come and go. He is no more or less dishonest than anybody who pretends faith is rational.

Celebrate faith. Unfettered by reality. Shout it from the rooftops. I am happy for you.

Tell us you have evidence for the supernatural or confuse faith with fact and expect scrutiny.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Cofty!..

You have to be kidding. As a mod do you get to judge who is and isn't a christian? CG is obsessed with his own pet theory, we have seen lots of them come and go.

Nope I don`t get to Judge people who are,or are not Christians on that Web Site..

I just make sure everyone is getting along..

He is no more or less dishonest than anybody who pretends faith is rational.

Actually he is..

He can`t prove God Exists..But..He tried..And..

If you don`t accept it,you don`t have an open mind or open heart..

He can`t prove a thing and it`s your fault!..LOL!!..

I`d say thats dishonest..

Celebrate faith. Unfettered by reality. Shout it from the rooftops. I am happy for you.

Tell us you have evidence for the supernatural or confuse faith with fact and expect scrutiny.

Cofty..I`m Agnostic..Did you forget?..

I`m not invested in either side..

It`s too much effort for something that can`t be proven either way..

So why bother?!..

............................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

You make the common mistake of thinking if there is "proof" then there is no point.

Proof belongs to mathematicians. The rest of us need to use our intelligence to weigh the evidence. First we have to understand the evidence and that takes a lot of effort.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You make the common mistake of thinking if there is "proof" then there is no point.

Cofty..

Man,you have to read my posts better..

I said there is "No Proof" either way..

Proof belongs to mathematicians. The rest of us need to use our intelligence to weigh the evidence.

First we have to understand the evidence and that takes a lot of effort.

There`s No Evidence either..

The arguement "For or Against" there being a God..Is a lot of wasted time and energy..

You could be doing something more worth while..

Like watching sports and drinking a beer..LOL!!..

......................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit