What were your favorite assembly foods?

by NoRegrets 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the burritoes, and I would usually have those at the a$$emblies. And those pudding cups, I would be able to get them still half frozen. Roast beef sandwiches were also nice--while they lasted. As for the soda, I never could tell much difference between those Billion Bubbles lime sodas from a Sprite.

And I was in the process of discontinuing attending these things when they cut the food off. At the big and great boasting sessions, that was no worse than preparing food for a jury summons--cheese and mustard on English muffins. However, at the Grand Boasting Sessions, keeping things in good condition was miserable without refrigeration. I would simply get a big can of mixed nuts, and that would be lunch. As for drinks, I could find plenty that were as good as, or better than, what was served at the Grand Boasting Session right at my local supermarket.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

The orange juice the was still mostly frozen was my favorite.

hubby says if they brought back the bean burritos, he would acquiesce to return to the convention!

• momentofsurrender
    momentofsurrender

Oh man so many to choose from.

Apple danish, burritos, pudding, ... and the soft serve ice cream at the CA's in Natick, MA.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The half-frozen Swiss Miss pudding. . . Yum. . .

Even wondered back then if the society owned Shasta because I never saw it outside of an assembly/convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit