What were your favorite assembly foods?

by NoRegrets 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh baby!! The O.J, a little on the slushy side, the danishes rocked the house! I used to love the Burritos and pudding, not necessarily together.. I also loved geting in the line that had the hot sisters!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Nothing better than an assembly burrito.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I really didn't like assemblies or the food. I was glad when I was old enough to only attend for the odd day and go out to a restaurant for lunch.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I loved the spiritual banquets provided by the faithful and discreet slave best of all the assembly foods.

I especially liked hearing about how Jesus appointed the faithful and discreet slave to feed me food at the

proper time and then reconstructed the recipes to make them go down easier with the kool-aid.

Another wonderful meal provided by the faithful and discreet slave were the dramas, especially

the ones where all nonJW's were killed off by God because they had rejected His sole channel

on planet earth, the faithful and discreet slave.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bacon Baps!!!!

You could smell them as the coach drew up to the stadium.

• kjg132
    kjg132

I loooved assembly food. My family still makes "assembly chicken" thats even what we call it! My favorite was the cheese danish though :)

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

The danishes, both cheese and apple.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

In no particular order...

Slushy orange juice with the foil lid

Apple danish (you can keep the cheese danish, thank you very much)

Sausage, Egg & Cheese on an english muffin

Hogies!

Hot chicken sandwich on that soggy bun

Lemon-lime Shasta soda

• sir82
    sir82

Can't believe we've gone nearly a page and no one has mentioned the bean burritos!

At the circuit assemlies we used to have pizza and soft-serve ice cream.

• theopug
    theopug

I grew up in New England and remember the cold sandwiches and salads for lunch.

And of course there were those funny little tickets that you tear off to buy food. The tickets started out as square (about 1/2" x 1/2"), yellow and said 10 c or something like that. Then later, they became long rectangles (about 1/4" x 1"). But allways the collor was yellow. This is circa 1980s. My understanding is that they did away with the tickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit