The WATCHTOWER isn't DECEITFUL , they are just IMPERFECT

by Minimommi 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

..."So they go to great lengths to cover up their mistakes",...

They disregard their own Bible which says; "...openly confess your sins to one another...that you may get healed. A righteous man's supplication... has much force." James 5:16

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

My position has always been that the GB and other WT leaders are, at best, really incompetent. They probably aren't doing a lot of the harm they do knowingly, they just don't know what the heck they're doing and aren't interested in improving. All kinds of evil can come from a combination of traits like that.

Of course, none of that excuses the evil they do.

• Minimommi
    Minimommi

Ok, Thanks again for all your input. We had another conversation last night. He said that he is cautious of WTBS but he will believe them over ANYTHING on the internet. He is very knowledgeable of computers, internet, and security and he knows that information can be manipulated. In essence, he believes Satan will use this as a means to discredit WTBS. So, unless I can get my hand on some actual documents, he will not listen.

Minimommi

• cedars
    cedars

On the issue of manipulation minimommi, what does he have to say on the manipulation of historical events that the Society undertook as part of their DVD history series "Faith In Action". I would be interested in what he has to say about the issue brought to light in the thread below:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/214208/1/Watchtower-falsification-of-its-history

Perhaps this might serve to show that his implicit trust in the truthfulness of the Society is misplaced.

Cedars

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Minimommi, try using the bible itself and make the factual connection that the WTS/JWS started out as Publishing Corporation.

Luke 21: 8 ....

New International Version(©1984)
    He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

New Living Translation(©2007)
    He replied, "Don't let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and saying, 'The time has come!' But don't believe them.

English Standard Version(©2001)
    And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them.

New American Standard Bible(©1995)
    And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

International Standard Version(©2008)
    He said, "Be careful that you are not deceived, because many will come in my name and say, 'I AM' and 'The time has come.' Don't follow them.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    But he said to them, “Beware that you be not deceived, for many shall come in my name, and they shall say, 'I am God, The Messiah', and the time is near, but do not go after them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation(©1995)
    Jesus said, "Be careful that you are not deceived. Many will come using my name. They will say, 'I am he!' and 'The time is near.' Don't follow them!

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    And he said, Take heed that you be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draws near: go not therefore after them.

American King James Version
    And he said, Take heed that you be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draws near: go you not therefore after them.

American Standard Version
    And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he ; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them.

Bible in Basic English
    And he said, Take care that you are not tricked: for a number of people will come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is near: do not go after them.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Who said: Take heed you be not seduced; for many will come in my name, saying, I am he; and the time is at hand: go ye not therefore after them.

Darby Bible Translation
    And he said, See that ye be not led astray, for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he, and the time is drawn nigh: go ye not therefore after them.

English Revised Version
    And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them.

Webster's Bible Translation
    And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many will come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: therefore go ye not after them.

Weymouth New Testament
    "See to it," He replied, "that you are not misled; for many will come assuming my name and professing, 'I am He,' or saying, 'The time is close at hand.' Do not go and follow them.

World English Bible
    He said, "Watch out that you don't get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is at hand.' Therefore don't follow them.

Young's Literal Translation
    And he said, 'See -- ye may not be led astray, for many shall come in my name, saying -- I am he, and the time hath come nigh; go not on then after them;

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. has always been a organized group of false prophets driven by self empowerment and commercial success.

A true Christian who knows of false prophets, stands away from them.

Far away !

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Here I talk about a discussion I had with a local sister re: the UN. We discuss that VERY thing, "it was an accident" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvjM-_G5-8

I later found these nice tidbits re: the UN

"Even a janitor or receptionist at a blood bank, or a plant making only weapons of war is directly linked with work contrary to God's Word" Watchtower '82

YMCA..Membership means that one has become an intregal prart of this organization..Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member would amount to apostasy" Watchtower '79

"True, the 138 members of the UN organization know that Jehovha's Christian witnesses are no part of Christendom, no, no part of the harlotrous Babylon the Great as a whole. They know that Jehovah's witnesses have not messed themselves up with the dirty polics of thi world and have not tried to ride the symbolic scarlet-colored wild beast having seven heads and ten horns." Mans Salvation out of World Distress at Hand.

Hope this can help you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If you want props here the place to find some good documents right from the society.

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/

• bioflex
    bioflex

I suppose satan wasnt decietfull when he told eve to eat of the tree, he was just imperfect, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit