The WATCHTOWER isn't DECEITFUL , they are just IMPERFECT

by Minimommi 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

A few months ago my hubby and I had a similar view until a friend asked if we had heard about the Menlo Park Ca. Kingdom Hall land grab. I couldn't believe what he was saying so I Googled it. That did it for us. Their greed has no bounds.

• Minimommi
    Minimommi

Once again, thank you everyone. I am overwhelmed with the thoughtful responses. I believe he is mostly mentally out but doesn't want to leave physically because of family and his friends. I will take it slow and continue to research. Now that I have you guys, I have somewhere to go and vent. I don't have to talk about it everyday like I was doing. I will wait for the times that he is open to discussion (which is usually after the meetings). There are so many uncomfortable feelings we both are dealing with now.

Minimommi

• still thinking
    still thinking

A big Welcome to you Minimommi

N.drew....what the hell did you do to this thread?....It's blank foreva...or is it my computer?

• sizemik
    sizemik

N.drew....what the hell did you do to this thread?....

N.drew . . . does the "N" stand for naughty? . . . or has your cat been walking on the keyboard again?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Never mind all the 'apostate' books and WT deceptions ...... Get your butt down to the library and get a book called " Teach your child how to think "

Insist that you all study it as a family.

If he objects, ask him to show you which parts of the book he objects to, and to explain why. Don't accept flawed logic. Make him explain himself.

Then .... when you all have some skills ..... talk about deception. He might actually 'get it'.

Welcome to the forum

Chris

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

TWO EXAMPLES OF DECEIT:

1. The WTS rewrote its history to reflect that individual brothers were responsible for claiming and maintaining that CT Russell was the "faithful and wise servant." However, the "7th Volume" published by JF Rutherford clearly names Russell as the "faithful and wise servant" as well as the "angel of the congregation of Laodecia." Thus it was official WTS doctrine from 1917 to 1927 that Russell was the "faithful and wise servant", which in 1927 they revised the concept to the GB, basically, and called naming an individual that title "creature worship." Pure, deliberate deceit. JF Rutherford was the biggest apostate ever.

2. The WTS quotes Josephus regarding a 23rd year campaign by Nebuchadnezzar into the lands surrounding Judea, claiming those deported in year 23 "apparently" were some who escaped at the time Gedaliah was killed. There is no Biblical foundation for these spurious Jews deported in year 23. However, Josephus in the same paragraph says those deported in year 23 were those from Egypt! Of course, the WTS has to maintain that Judea was completely desolated from the year of the destruction and the slightest concept that those of the last deportation were deported from Egypt would lead one to conclude they must have trekked back through Judea to get to Babylon, which they did! Problem is, they quote from the very historical source that says who were deported in year 23. Jeremiah 44:14 and 28 confirm Josephus by noting some few escapees from Egypt would return to Judea, directly contradicting them. Even so they were clearly aware of the historical source of the 23rd year deportees but instead created some mysterious Jews from other than Egypt. It is deceitful of them not to deal with the last deportation from Egypt and the return to Judea which throws a wrench into their 1914 doctrine.

So yes, the WTS are deceitful liars when necessary.

LS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Also, if not mentioned, 1975! After all their own hype, they blamed brothers for reading too much into it and backed away from their own propaganda. Of course, 1975 was based on their own desperate 6000 years of man's existence, which I think is dead in the water right now. So according to them, I guess we're to assume we're into the last 1000 years of the 7th Creative Day. ???

But not to worry in the real world. WTS timeline is 127 years too early from the Exodus back to the creation of Adam.

LS

• nugget
    nugget

I no longer have any watchtower publications in the house but any of the books and brochures on creation are an excellent start.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

If he reads that Bible, ask him first, 'Does God change the kind of person he is?'
    He'll say no.
    Then read Deut. 18:22.
    Let him think on that...how his God feels about someone who prophesies something that doesn't come true. They weren't just 'imperfect'.

You may also focus on other good 'worldly' people you know.

Some of them have amazing families, have raised successful children....and enjoy all the benefits of a relatively healthy life.
    The JW mindset is that, without the org, your life WILL spiral out of control.
    They've seeded the minds of their members with the idea that the org and good 'morals' are one in the same: you cannot have one without the other. It's very clever...genius, in fact. It's bonded to the way they reason.
    It runs very deep in born-ins.

Few of them ever really think of some of the 'worldly' people they've known all of their lives who are healthy and thriving.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I didn't do it.

A lot of nothing... it's not on purpose. I could't do again if i tried. I'll clean my desk now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit