The WATCHTOWER isn't DECEITFUL , they are just IMPERFECT

by Minimommi 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sounds like your hubby is in DENIAL!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

'Minimommi - what does your husband make of credit card machines being installed in every assembly hall, with detailed instructions being sent to brothers by the society on how to use them? It may still only be for "voluntary" donations, but it is basically encouraging brothers to go into debt so that they can donate to the Society, since obviously a credit card is a form of loan. If you need evidence of this, I am sure any one of us can point you in the right direction.

Cedars'

Seriously? Credit Card machines for donations? That surprises me, I'm surprised at the fact these things can still surprise me but I find that disgraceful.

• N.drew
    N.drew

This is what the law and the prophets (Jesus being the greatest one) MEAN; what ever you want men that men should do to you, you likewise should do to them. Matthew 7:12

Do you want men to tell the truth?

If you send someone a letter, do you want a response?

If you donate your all to a cause, should the one asking that you do so also do so?

Just so you know, I sent two letters to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and never knew that they got them, or read them. Once when I sent a complimentary letter for an article in the Awake, I got a response. Is it obeying the law at Matthew 7:12 if they did not respond? If people keep making excuses for them, how is that obeying Matthew 7:12. Do you want people to turn a blind eye to your own sins? Or do we want to confess our sins and beg forgiveness? It's too late? How is it the GB keeps stringing along six million persons if it IS TOO LATE??

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Sounds like your hubby is in DENIAL!

One part denial, two parts conflict between the WT personality and his real personality. When the WT personality is in charge, nothing you do or say gets past the conditioned defenses of WT indoctrination. Look for the times when he's relating to you with his real personality. That is when you have a chance to be heard. It sounds like he's often using that with you; that is the time when you can really communicate with each other.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I will add my voice to the call that he read Crisis of Conscience and that you read Combatting Cult Mind Control.

Then you swap books and you read CoC and he read CCMC.

Then I look forward to meeting you next summer at the Independence Day ApostaCookout!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

How i hate that line...imperfect.

What a load of crap defence, my mother uses it.

Imperfect people say sorry.

Decietful people do not.

put that to the husband...challenge him to take a look at the history i think he is really to scared of to look at and ask him to find an apology for all the false dates prophecies...

oz

oh and welcome! you will need to vent often!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Deceitful? The evidence is overwhelming.

Go to Jwfacts.com and read how they have rewritten history regarding 1914 prophecies. It will astound you.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php

Their anti-trinity pamphlet "Should you Believe in the Trinity" is packed full of deception, particularly as they relate to trinitarian's definition of the trinity, misquoting scholarly sources, and methods of analysis. It's covered in detail here. Claiming "imperfection" won't wash anymore. They know exactly what they are doing.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html

• N.drew
    N.drew

The deception that I am most disappointed in is their lie that they translated the ancient scriptures with Holy Spirit and thus produced the most accurate rendition of the scriptures. I have discovered that the New World Traslation adopted many of the errors that other modern Bibles contain. Thus it is not a reflection of the original text, but is very nearly a copy of every other translation.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think the Tacoma parking lot scandal, the Watchtower ownership of kingdom halls, and the under reporting of cash collected for convention expenses qualify as deceptive money practices.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Their perfect deception is teaching that they are Jesus' brothers described at Matthew 25:40. It is perfect because it causes a feeling of loyalty in the "flock" for the Governing Body. The doctrine taught by Jehovah's Witnesses makes it very difficult to disagree with them because if you do you become a goat and the destination is destruction. Teaching that they are Jesus brothers to whom we should do good makes it hard to refuse obedience.

By their saying they are Jesus brothers, they make themselves equal to God. Because who knows the will of God but God himself? The brothers of Jesus in the illustration are they that do the will of the Father. Luke 8:21. "My mother and brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." It is not saying knowing (that the good news has to be preached) but hearing. Listen to what the spirit says to the congregation. It's alive, not dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit