The WATCHTOWER isn't DECEITFUL , they are just IMPERFECT

by Minimommi 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi Mini; Here's the problem with the WT claiming to be imperfect & yet, at the same time, being the only organization led by Holy Spirit & sole channel for Jah himself. Where's this divine guidance when they really screw up? Shouldn't we expect Jah to at least keep his organization from life- changing decisions that are wrong? Could not Jah himself be held responsible? As such decisions violate the very essence of Christianity, love for one another, they are glaringly manmade. That being the case, isn't this just another case of the blind leading the blind. Could it not be argued that one is better off then making his own decisions? Anyone can claim divine guidance until proven wrong.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In 1919 the WTS. and its then leader J Rutherford, announced that god had chosen them (his organization) to dispel bible truths and them alone,

the WTS. instantly became god's voice for all mankind to hear and understand. Quite the self promotional announcement to make but with its own

prosperous accumulative merits.

The message he sent out was the day of judgment was coming soon, so if you want to be included as one of the few chosen and

saved from this calamitous destruction, j oin are organization, buy and read are literature, distribute are literature and work for the

organization, by doing this, it is the only way to save yourself.

In reality it was nothing but a coercive fraud to exploit and manipulate people to the orgaizatinon's profiteering agenda and the expansion of that

sole agenda, as well to further expand the power toward these disingenuous men.

• Minimommi
    Minimommi

Thank you for all the responses. I am going to be busy.

Cedars- We just saw the credit card machines for the first time last month. Then, I showed him the Awake article where they made fun of the churches doing the same thing. He was Shocked. He just kept saying "why did they do that?" Then, he said that "I will not be using that" So, it did make him feel very uncomfortable.

NDREW- I agree the protection is imaginary

Leavingwt-- SO TRUE. That has already came up. I told him, I have stayed faithful to him for the past 22 years because I LOVE HIM, not because, WTBS or Jehovah tell me to.

ABibleStudent-- He does get tired of being told to do more. Actually, he really thinks the meetings are boring. I have seen him reading some of reports for work during the meeting. Lately , he has missed a lot of meetings. But, he still feels a little guilty for not doing more.

AGonus & FatFreek 2005-- Thank you for the information

Nugget-- Can you recommend any recent publication?

Otlaw--- Concerning all the failed prophesies, he feels like GB made mistakes and that they have learned from them. These failed prohesies are an embarrassment for them. But now, there are no more dates to predict. He said he never believed any dates because the bible says no one knows. But, for some reason, he still thinks the FDS may have deeper insight. So, he would rather we just sit back and ride this ride until it ends. I believe he thinks it is going to end, maybe not in his lifetime. The problem is that I don't want my children to get on this ride.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It sounds like your husband is mentally on the way out. He is accepting of what you are doing, sees the issues, but is afraid of the consequences of leaving. There is no need to push him as that will lead to him putting up barriers. Just let him slowly come to terms with what is going on.

Try taking his concept that they are just imperfect, and apply it to other religions. There are many out there with similar teachings. If the GB can get off easily for their mistakes by claiming imperfection, then why can't other religions?

Try to get him to reason on the following quote from George Santayana 'Life of Reason' - Volume 'Reason in Religion' p.5.

"What religion a man shall have is a historical accident, quite as much as what language he shall speak."

Once he realises that the religion has no right to claim divine guidance, then he may have a very different opinion as to the harm the religion caused him by raising him to think all worldly people are bad and he will never die.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw--- Concerning all the failed prophesies, he feels like GB made mistakes and that they have learned from them.

So..Basicly..

Nothing the WBT$ does bothers him..

They can do whatever they want,he`s fine with that..

So, he would rather we just sit back and ride this ride until it ends. I believe he thinks it is going to end, maybe not in his lifetime.
    The problem is that I don't want my children to get on this ride.

I`ve watched generations of JW`s die waiting for the ride to end..

The only end that came was their own..

The WBT$ used everyone of their Funerals for a WBT$/JW Infomercial..

It would seem your Hubby is fine where he is..

Nothing the WBT$ says or does will influence that..

Like most JW`s he`s happy to..

"Wait on Jehovah"

http://www.waxingunlyrical.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/KimK-Career-220x300.jpg

...................;-)...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS claims to be Jehovah's prophet but say they can't be held to the Deuteronomy 18 standard of a prophet of Jehovah.

The GB admits they are fallible but JWs have to believe and obey everything the GB says or be disfellowshipped.

The GB claims that the WTS alone understands the deep things of God but they have wrongly predicted the date of Armageddon multiple times and pass off major doctrinal changes as "new light," effectively blaming all their errors on Jehovah.

That isn't deceptive?

What would the WT say about a church of Christendom that did any one of the above, let alone all of them?

• N.drew
    N.drew

The people of Israel asked for a king. The scripture says in asking for a king the people were rejecting "Jehovah" as king over them. 1 Samuel 8:7. But now the son has come. We have Jesus and his teachings. Like Israel, we can also call on the true God. If they in asking for a human king were sinning against Jehovah, how much more so now that we know the son!

They are not doing a bad thing directing people to search for the true God, but how will they be forgiven if they continue to say they are the end of the search? From my point of view the study of the Bible is the beginning of the search. They say obey the Watchtower. Jesus says obey the Father. The Watchtower is not the Father.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Crisis of Conscience surely. He's ready for it.

Cedar's advice, excellent.

If the WTBTS is just like any other organization, equally imperfect, then they lose their exclusiveness. Ask your hubby if he might look at other churches to see if they are a little better than the WTBTS at keeping their promises.

As for the sense of community, I can relate to that. You might ask what marks a healthy community from an oppressive one? What should he be on the alert for?

I've always thought a community should be judged on how well it treats it's weakest members. (John 21:15-17, Matthew 18:12, Matthew 25:35, 37, 40)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well I know you said he isn't interested in history, but the revisionist history of the WT really does prove they are deceitful.

" Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it " - George Santayana

leavingwt already suggested reading Combatting Cult Mind Control. I'll second that and add his follow-up book, Releasing the Bonds. I read the first and am about 1/2 way through the second and so far think it's even better!

And Found Sheep recommended reading Ray Franz' Crisis of Conscience.

I'd like to add Don Cameron's Captives of a Concept. It's shorter than the other two and a quicker read. A lot of the points are in bullet form and really prove the deceptive nature of much of the WTBTS's history.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The first thing you need to address is the assumption that willfull deception and imperfection are explanations for the same behaviour . . . they're not. It's a false dichotomy that acts as a deflection.

For example, failed prophecies and misguided doctrines may well be put down to imperfection . . . but lying about it later, and presenting a contrived version of events, is not imperfection . . . it's deceit.

You can accept that some things might be imperfection . . . but others are straight out deceit. The WT are guilty of both . . . and in good measure. Freely concede those things that can be attributed to human imperfection . . . but don't let him wriggle out of those things which are patently deceit. They're two different things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit