"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've been reading more of the comments on here and last night I started working on a letter I'm going to do to some Women's Rights groups here in Canada. I'm going to make a lot of photocopies of the article in question (and the WT can kiss my ass if they try crying 'copyright infringement') and send them out in the mail. I'm wondering too if sending some copies to other churches might be beneficial since the Borg loves to denounce other religions for their 'non-Christian' practices.

Does anyone think it's possible that these paragraphs were intentionally put in the Watchtower to provide ammunition for people, like Mary, cedars and others, who have what it takes to figure out how to use it as ammunition? I only ask because the type of language used in this article is extremely outrageous even for the Watchtower. I have read them for many decades and I cannot think of anything like it.

The men in Brooklyn are mad with power, I think that much is apparent. Blatant sexism could get into the Watchtower because the Watchtower is a gentleman's club. So, how would someone on the inside at the top, with fear of losing everything, remain in the organization and still do incredible damage? The writing department would be where you put the mole(s), then those moles would make sure that outrageous, but real, things found themselves sprinkled throughout the issues. I don't think anyone would deny that the Governing Body couldn't easily be tricked.

Just a thought, could be a silly one.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

It's not silly. It's, it's... conspiracy. I love it!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

She was taught how to take a lickin' and keep on tickin' After 17 years of scratching his head, the husband wanted to find alternate ways to abuse - thus baptism.

• flipper
    flipper

SABASTIOUS- My wife and I were discussing this very point you bring up about a possible " mole " being in the writing department last night . Who knows what's really going on with infiltration , however if it gets more and more absurd and out there- perhaps more and more JW's will get pissed off and leave the organization. So, yeah, I'd go for moles infiltrating this wacked out organization. Might gradually bring their undoing, among other things

• sabastious
    sabastious

Dictators are often betrayed by their closet people just before they go completely mad, right?

-Sab

• sir82
    sir82

I doubt anyone at Bethel is bright enough, or brave enough, to risk doing anything "sneaky" like planting outrageous ideas in the text, hoping for legal action by "apostates".

• N.drew
    N.drew

I sometimes wondered what the foreign language Watchtowers said. (I'm USA English). There isn't any way the Governing Body would know if the message was different.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I doubt anyone at Bethel is bright enough, or brave enough, to risk doing anything "sneaky" like planting outrageous ideas in the text, hoping for legal action by "apostates".

Can you imagine the fear one would feel after awakening at the top of the chain? I was at the bottom, not even a MS, pretty much inactive.

-Sab

• therevealer
    therevealer

The sister softly said, 'Selma, who is trying to be a Christian here? You, as you try to prove a point or Steve who simply hits you?

• donuthole
    donuthole

While I enjoy a good conspiracy and have no doubt that that there might be some closet-apostates within the ranks I have to disagree.

These two paragraphs merely verbalizes a long-standing attitude the Watchtower has manifested toward domestic abuse.

The semi-private nature of the study edition affords a greater freeness of speech for the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit