"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

ooDAD-- The Society knows how to send out a not so subtle message.

• Mary
    Mary

Gee I wonder if this group might be interested in the WT's view of domestic violence: http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/owd/english/resources/information/dates/prevention/index.shtml

One copy headed their way....

• undercover
    undercover

Steve sounds like the WT: If you "try to prove a point" by questioning us or disagreeing in any way, we will be justified in HITTING you in the form of Public Reproof or even DFing!

It is brilliant subliminal messaging, if they are indeed that clever. "Trying to prove a point" will get you punished. Don't push it. Just keep with the program and things will work out in the long run.

Using violence against women to push an agenda in counseling people who like to "prove a point" to get in line or suffer the consequences... that's the lowest of the low... if, of course, they were that clever to begin with.

At the same time though, sometimes I think we give them more credit than they deserve. They make stupid, idiotic comments and we try to dissect it as to how and why they could say such a thing. There has to be some ulterior motive, to be so blatantly stupid. But then again, this is just a bunch of uneducated, self-important assholes who ass-kissed their way to their ivory tower. They can't really be that bright to be able to pull off brilliant subliminal messaging, can they?

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

In Dutch they say it more on a soft way.

If I translated it back into english:

The night before, Steve was aggressive as I had tried to prove a point.

I wonder now why they translate it like this???

DS

• 00DAD
    00DAD

AnneB - it sounds like you're probably in an abusive relationship and are so used to making excuses for your husband/boyfriend that you're programmed to accept this bullshit, even excusing it in others.

Listen to what virtually EVERY commenter is saying: THIS IS WRONG AND SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED!

• 00DAD
  • discreetslave
    discreetslave

I don't know if this has been mentioned I don't have time to read all the comments but we need to flood the media with this crap. Send it to Domestic Violence groups, we need to get this out I'm running off tons of copies and working on a letter this shit has to stop I can't believe they rehashed this crap

Notice the picture women on one side men on the other

• designs
    designs

Trotting the abused but dutiful wife out on the stage at Assemblies has been a mainstay of the Society for years. This is Cult Behavior 101.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I don't have much to add to the wonderful responses on this thread. It's the best thread I ever read. Athena is a doll! I admire your courage! I want to cry. I was not hit, but I was yelled at and pushed. I stayed with my husband. We understand each other rmuch better now. When I learned the truth about the truth it sure helped me understand his helpless frustration. The society did NOTHING to help me cope with my husband. What I find missing in this thread is the realization that after the 17 years, the article did not mention, oh, he doesn't hit me anymore. The horrible realization is that it was in vain that she brought the husband in the article over to the dark light side.

One of my best friends in the "truth" was beat by her husband. She stayed with him. The stress I imagine is near unbearable. She's dead now. But not by the violence, but by cancer. I think it is found out that cancer and other illnesses can be excerbated by stress. Some people stay in an abusive relationship because they can not imagine their life better if they leave the an abusive spouse.

But for the society to promise forever in paradise to persons enduring maltreatment is unconscionable . It is a bribe.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I've been reading more of the comments on here and last night I started working on a letter I'm going to do to some Women's Rights groups here in Canada.

Any example letters would be appreciated, there are many organizations who I think would be incredulous about this sort of thing being put into print........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit