"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is there a link to the article? My wife wants to see it. YEA!!!!!!

• Mickey mouse
  • Lady Viola
  • cherrypye
    cherrypye

I've spoken to so many non-dubs about this article today and they are disgusted. Please let this be a breaking point for some of the honest hearted sitting in the halls. A man would never be asked to stay with his wife who physically endangered him. Any man with a non-believing wife was seen as a martyr, whereas any sister married to a nonbeliever was reaping what she sowed.

I'm disgusted. How many women are going to stay with a dangerous man because of this article? How many children that have watched their father beat their mother will now somehow think the abuse is because she failed to be a good Christian wife?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Any man with a non-believing wife was seen as a martyr, whereas any sister married to a nonbeliever was reaping what she sowed.

Men who beat their wives are "sensitive". Women who beat their husbands are "crazy". It's true, that is how the world sees it.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Men who beat their wives are "sensitive".

I can't think of anyone...and I mean ANYONE who thinks this.

Women who beat their husbands are "crazy".

This however, is true and no less wrong than men who are violent. It's not sexy or cool when a woman slaps her man - these same women will probably lose their cool with their kids and slap them around too...

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The sad fact is this thinking is tolerated and many JW's will point to the grounds for separation rule to say that the WT is not condoning domestic violence. They let this stuff just roll off their backs the org can do no wrong. We will be pointed to as the ones taking this out of context and exaggerating because we are tools of Satan.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The article intimated that it is the case that the man beat his wife because he was"sensitive" (to something she said). Not sensitive in a good way. And careless is a better description of spouses that beat their mate, not "crazy".

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

sorry Nancy, I misunderstood your comment: " It's true, that is how the world sees it."

And yes, the article makes it seem like the poor man is just so insecure (poor thing) that he can't help but hit his 'rebellious' wife.

• flipper
    flipper

For any of you lurking JW women and men who think the WT society doesn't encourage women to stay with abusive JW husbands - here is an actual , authentic experience from my JW family.

One of my older JW sisters was married for 20 years to an abusive JW man. Over the course of the marriage which ended in 1989 finally - my sister's JW husband beat her, beat the two children, cheated on her with JW women from her own congregation, abused cocaine & methamphetamine throughout the marriage , and damaged my sisters sex organs so badly from the beatings that she could never be with another man sexually again.

The elders dizzying " counsel " to her was , " Sister , what have you done that made your husband so angry with you ? Perhaps you need to be a more submissive wife and your husband will respect you more. " Then they advised her to work things out with her husband and not to leave him or get relief . WTF ? My sister was disgusted with the counsel and was made for years to feel " guilt " about leaving her husband. Finally when it became evident that if my sister kept staying with this creep either he would kill her, or she'd die from the stress of staying with him. So finally she left. But it's given my sister post traumatic stress syndrome, she's had at least 2 serious strokes in the last 5 years, fybromyalgia, lupus , digestive problems , and on and on. All before the age 60 .

There is something terribly wrong, immoral, inhumane, and barbaric about an organization that calls itself " Christian " that continues to denigrate and dehumanize women and children the way the WT society does to it's members. They may claim to be " Christian " - but in actuality they are a crock of $hit and criminal. My wife and I send our love to any women here who have suffered abuse. Leaders of the WT society should be locked up- and the key thrown away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit