What does your user name mean????

by karter 118 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

An interesting thread :-)

As i lurked here i often laughed at the idea that some fool elders viewed themselves as elite or above the cogregation.. I never felt that way and damn sure never saw evidance that we were elite.... But i am also a fan of irony so posting on an apostate web site as an "elite elder" tickled my senseablities...... Thus i am ironically and self mockingly "elderelite"

• Adiva
    Adiva

It's what I am. Yeah, I said it!

Adiva

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

After an harrowing elders meeting I liked nothing more than a whiskey with a Chunk of Ice.

I also like Punk rock from the '70s. A band I always liked was 'the Rich Kids' who covered off a Small Faces song 'Here comes the nice'.

The rest is poetic history!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

When I joined, I was having questions about the org. I always wondered why "Doubting" Thomas could get away with asking Jesus to prove who he was after the resurrection yet I couldn't ask for the same level of proof from an organization that was supposed to be just a group of God's servants. So, instead of using my real first name (because I'm scared of being outed) I replaced with my KH first name (Bro - brother).

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Since I am keeping my identity secret, I chose a username of my favorite comic book character who also kept his identity secret.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I have always hated the fact that beards were not allowed. Now my beard has turned grey. Thus the name. Is it Grey or Gray? http://www.greyorgray.com/

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Mankkeli - That was the name of the angel that appeared to me and gave me the go ahead to partake from the emblem, He didnt spell his name, He only prnounced it, I hope i got it right

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK, now there are two who are the most suspicious, who will not tell.

mankkeli and JRK.

I'm not complaining. LOL!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Willy Loman is the lead character - and salesman - in the famous play, "Death of a Salesman." I sold the WT lifestyle to myself and others for nearly 30 years. Like Willy, I had deluded myself on many fronts. Unlike Willy, I finally faced the truth about myself.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My favorite literary character from my favorite author

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit