What does your user name mean????

by karter 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I remember once I read the entire Death of a Salesman play in the kingdom hall during the Sunday meeting. Wasn't the first time I did homework during the meetings.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I got out of the Borg by following my heart. I had been unhappy for years, with frequent thoughts of suicide. I felt invisible. My world kept getting darker. Then I met someone (now my husband) who made me feel important and HAPPY! I had a choice: either stay in my suffocating world for everyone else and be miserable or follow my heart and be happy. As an act of self-preservation, I left the only world I had ever known. At the time, I thought I was leaving a bad marriage. Looking back I can see that I was also leaving a religion that was destroying me.

I've NEVER been HAPPIER!

FollowedMy

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Evening all,

The Star Tiger is a high fantasy name, reaching for the galaxy with all the aggresion of a tiger, destroying all Xenos before me, yes I'm a warhammer 40K fan one of the Adeptus Astartes, man's ultimate warrior, lol!!!! now time for some meds!

no seriously just a fictional name made up from some barbarian style novel, long live Conan and may he destroy the Governing body!!!!!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

MIne was from a great movie called "A Mighty Wind"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Mine is kind of a tribute to those that were born in the 70's. While my parents were both witnesses long before that, a lot of those I grew up with were born to parents that became JWs right during the run up to 1975. Even though that prophecy failed, the fall-back was "before the generation of 1914" passes away. I was told, like many, that I would never graduate high school, get married, have kids, all the usual things.

Well here we are in 2011 and my generation (yeah I mean 'generation' as the dictionary defines, not the WTS) has kids, some of which are starting to graduate high school themselves. I know of so many still in that are "lost" just as I was til a few years back, as they have never really examined fully the "this generation will not pass away" false prophecy. I personally think the "this generation" prophecy was the biggest failure in the history of the WTS, as they published it hundreds if not thousands of times, but they get away with it because they never attached a firm date to it.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

remember the movie billy madison and the o'doyle family?

"o'doyle rules" is what they would chant. and then they all drove off a cliff.

so even though i say i rule, i will fail and you know that from watching the movie.

but if you don't know the movie then i sound like an ass.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I write, and leaving the WT was like a New Chapter in my life.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Zid did you ever read the series of books by S.M Stirling? The first in the series is Dies the Fire he uses the premise that people who were members in a Medieval re-creation group would become some of the most fearsome survivors when people can no long depend on modern weapons. ..."

Well, Giordano - LOVE the origin of YOUR name, by the way - I've never read the books but I've often observed the same thing... Nice thing about the S.C.A. - if one wants to learn how to forge metal into arrowheads or make a Mongolian horse bow or spin wool or do lampwork glass - there's always an SCA'er around to teach us how to do it - and usually for minimal cost or for FREE!!!

SO much better than the Jehovah's Witnesses!!

• kazar
    kazar

My name means nomad.

• cofty
    cofty

Mine is an acronym. I coach football (soccer) and was awarded regional coach of the year about the time I bean to post on JWS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit