What does your user name mean????

by karter 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Although some people think it should be SS Lee or Meany Lee or even Prude Lee I was given the "Lady" part on a forum before I joined here and I just carried it over to make it easy for some people to find me.

The "Lee: part - That's my name and I love it - paid for it myself too when I legally changed my name

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cantleave - how I felt when I joined.

The problem is I can't leave this forum now!

• ziddina
    ziddina

(hugs for Pam's Girl... I am so sorry to hear that... But please don't blame yourself... You were lied to and manipulated by the Watchtower Corporation and its minions...)

My name? Whose name??

Hang on, lemme see if I can find an old thread...

brb

Zid the She-Devil

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sheeeeeeeesh!!! I had to look thru about 15 threads on the same topic before I found mine....

Here's the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198414/1/Google-your-JWN-username

And here's what I found when I 'googled' my on-board name:

"In addition to being the proper name of a Berber woman during the early period of Imperial Rome, "ziddina" is ALSO part of a couple of Turkish sayings... From this website... http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/library/romances/200/idioms-turkish-z.html

"zIddIna basmak"
    (see 'zIt gitmek') to press opposite to do exactly the opposite of what others want you do Note: "zIddIna basmak" is rarely used. "ZIt gitmek" has the same meaning and is used more frequently. ..."
    "zIddIna gitmek"
    (see 'zIt gitmek') to go opposite (for something) to rile someone, to be too much (for someone) to take..."

Well, Berber women have always been viewed as "uppity" by Arab men... Or devout Muslim men..."

A little further explanation is in order, however...

I am a member of a Medieval re-creation group called the "Society for Creative Anachronism". It has been in existence for over 50 years now; started out as a re-creation of the legends of King Arthur during an English literature class on the Berkely campus in - I think it was in L.A. or central California.

From there, it's grown into a world-wide organization/club, wherein its members recreate the Medieval world. The Medieval KNOWN world, that is - within a time span ranging from the early 700's A.D. to the cut-off date of 1600 A.D.

(Whew! They cut it off before the "Baroque" period in France! THAT would have been a costuming NIGHTMARE!!)

Anyway... Originally there was an Eurocentric emphasis; but it's grown to include ANY groups which had contact with Europe from around 700 A.D. to 1600 A.D. - which includes Native Americans, Inuit, Asians, the Mongols, and Africa. My persona is from an area known since the beginning of the Egyptian civilization; the "Berbers" of North Africa.

Oddly enough, it seems that I might actually HAVE some "Berber" blood in me, via my "Black Irish" heritage by way of Spain and the Spanish Armada.

Anyway, I'll bet you're all bored by now. But remember - YOU ASKED!!!

(Whoops. Forgot to add - my name is actually REGISTERED with the S.C.A. as my "official" persona name. That 'name' survived a long and drawn-out review process; and I own it now!!)

Zid the She-Devil

• Quendi
    Quendi

Mine comes from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion. It was the name the first Elves gave to their race because after awakening they explored the world around them and found no other creatures with the power of speech. So their name means "those that speak with voices".

Quendi

• Giordano
    Giordano

Zid did you ever read the series of books by S.M Stirling? The first in the series is Dies the Fire he uses the premise that people who were members in a Medieval re-creation group would become some of the most fearsome survivors when people can no long depend on modern weapons.

Giordano Bruno (1548 – February 17, 1600) was an ItalianDominicanfriar, philosopher, mathematician and astronomer. His cosmological theories went beyond the Copernican model in proposing that the Sun was essentially a star, and moreover, that the universe contained an infinite number of inhabited worlds populated by other intelligent beings. He was burned at the stake by civil authorities in 1600 after the Roman Inquisition found him guilty of heresy

I'm a chip off of the old block today.............. but if I lived in those days I'd have chickened out.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Posted under my real name for some years but got bored of being myself and needed armour on this forum.

Salute and may your gods go with you.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Mine's an abbreviation of my name ...the rest is self explanatory.

Loz x

• fade_away
    fade_away

Mine is pretty obvious. But it also means that my concept of God is fading away.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

diamond eyes - When I got into investing I started off with a diamond company and I love snake's eyes so on the forums I use either snakiiz or diamondiiz :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit