What's Your Objection?

by 1975 64 Replies latest social humour

When I come to this forum and read the topics of the day, it disturbs me that some always have objections and comments that are negative. What source of encouragement is there when one breaks down the story of others? What's your personal gain, what's the satisfaction? ? Do you want others to feel the way YOU feel? By the way, how do you feel? Explain to me, what's the objection in being kind and understanding to others free speech and thought?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I think at times EX JW's feel to conform is like being a JW. They need to look at all sides of the situation, find fault with every side just o prove they are thinking independently!

• talesin
    talesin

There's nasty people, and people who like to stir the pot everywhere --- it's just RL when there is freedom of speech.

t

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Are you confusing the Internet with the Kingdom Hall?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some folks are emotional vampires.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When I come to this forum and read the topics of the day, it disturbs me that some always have objections and comments that are negative.

Care to elaborate as for example. ?

Expressing different and at times opposing thoughts and opinions are in a way a process of developing knowledge and wisdom if you will.

Unless of course you belong to a mentally regulated religion where any opposing viewpoints from what the hierarchy has established are strictly

controlled and forbidden.

Are you in one of these types of religions 1975 ?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I think most people are good and just learning how to think... or bad and still have JW thinking and here trying to save us?

Leaving wt, am I confusing the internet with K.H.? I haven't been to the hall in ages and I have no interest in attending their meetings, thanks for the encouragement.

thetrueone, elaborate? Do you take the time to read posts? Did you read my post carefully, I said, "some". Hey kid, I've known about this organization since 1949, when did you? Anyone who reads any of my posts will acknowledge that I welcome the views and opinion of others.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

1975: Inside the Kingdom Hall, we were encouraged to only say positive things. Here on the Internet, it's the Wild Wild West. When we post our thoughts here, in a public forum, we're INVITING comments. We can expect many of them to be negative. Keep in mind that most of us are dealing with deep wounds and significant scarring, as a result of our spiritual abuse. It's to be expected that we're not always the most cheerful bunch. For those who only want to hear sweet words of encouragement, the Internet is a poor choice to ask for comments.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

OK whats your objection to be objective ?

I think I understand where your coming from, but expressing different opinions on subjects is called freedom,

if your are not comfortable with that perhaps you should return to the JW organization.

Must remember this is an open forum free to self expression, you get the good with the bad.

Anyone who reads any of my posts will acknowledge that I welcome the views and opinion of others.

That statement contravenes what you've stated previously.

Oh by the way I take offense being called a kid, since I'm 53.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit