I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Zid,
    My favorite parts of The Finished Mystery are:
    1. Michael is the Pope.
    2. 2 heavenly classes and 2 earthly classes.
    3. Pyramidology
    4. Bible numbers referring to the distance between Scranton, Pennsylvania and WT headquarters in Brooklyn provided you travel by way of the Hoboken Ferry!

Does anyone know of any old threads that discuss these things? Would be very interesting to bump and read.

Think About It

• Ding
    Ding

Think About It,

Check out the thread, "How credible is the wt claim to be chosen by Christ in 1919?" started by Coffee_Black about 2-3 weeks ago.

Sorry, I don't know how to post a link to it here.

If you search on The Finished Mystery, the entry is near the bottom of the first page.

• Ding
    Ding

BD,

I hope your posting silence in the last 24 hours means you are having some positive time with your family.

Please keep us up to date when you can.

A lot of us are praying for you.

• Ding
    Ding

How are things going, Dan?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't really get to post from home, so I'm usually not on during the weekends.

Things have calmed down. She backed out of the meeting on thursday AND sunday...imagine that? But I'm keeping my mouth shut. As much as I want to help, the Lord is going to have to use someone else to get through to her.

• laverite
    laverite

Brother Dan,

It's very, very clear that you are correct. You've GOT to keep your trap shut. Not easy! But you gotta find a way to keep it shut.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior (that's why I worry you won't be able to help yourself and you'll just HAVE to say something!!). You know what kind of reception you get when you open your trap and start talking about this stuff. Give it time, let it sink in, whether she processes it or not who knows. The less you force it, the better.

Remember, if you start saying stuff she doesn't want to hear, you KNOW what kind of reaction you're gonna get.

Good luck!

LV

• Chalam
    Chalam

As much as I want to help, the Lord is going to have to use someone else to get through to her.

Indeed, the Holy Spirit will come and convict her :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Just an FYI.....according to the 2 elders and 1 sub CO (plus the 3 that were in my appeal) that disfellowshipped me, it only takes being drunk 1 time to be a disfellowshipping matter. Most do not know that.....including myself, my hubby, and all of our friends and family, including my parents who have served faithfully for over 65 years. This was new to ALL involved in the situaton.

All it takes is a "witness" or 2 to say that they thought you were drunk one night......

Just saying...... (lol)

My heart goes out to you.......

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And THAT is why they don't want you to see the elder book. Because it says...differently.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

BrotherDan,

If your wife and my wife were in a room together you would then know 2 witnesses that blindly believe and could not defend their beliefs if their life depended on it.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit