I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    So this morning she got ready for the meeting with the kids and I drove her to her car. I transfered the kids into the car and took her hand and said, "I know this is a really hard day for you, and I want to make it as easy as possible. Is there anything I can do to help." She gave me a stink eye and said, "You're the one in control of this whole thing. You know EXACTLY what you are doing." So I said, "Well, if you think of anything I'm here for you and I love you. I tried to give her a peck on the lips, but she pulled away, got in the car, and drove off.

OMG. That makes my blood run cold! All of this because you no longer believe in some stupid religion? There's gotta be a lot more to this than just post-partum depresssion. I don't know what to say...

This is awful beyond belief...

V665

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I know, Vamp. I feel like I'm standing here and watching my soulmate run away from me. We have been best friends and have been inseperable for 8 years. But I'm watching her pull back because I think something is wrong and I'm staying true to myself. What sort of person would I be if I just dismissed something that I thought was wrong and dangerous for my family just because I didn't want to make waves?

But damn...it hurts.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

The only reason why leaving the WTBTS organization can be a negative thing is that some go all crazy with their newfound freedom.

Other than that, if you structure your life and manage it well, as well as set bounds for yourself, you'll do better in your life without the Borg.

• Ding
    Ding

BD,

I sent you a PM in response to yours.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

However, he's 5 and should not have to deal with adult problems.

He's five, it's not an adult problem for him, it's just a problem; his dad isn't going to meetings anymore after showing him and telling him his whole life that you go to meetings if you want to be a good person. He's five, he's not retarded; tell him why you don't go to meetings anymore. Tell him you were wrong and you told him wrong things that you don't believe to be true anymore.

What, you think it's better just to leave him hanging and wondering and let his mom and other witnesses answer the question for him? At the very least let him know that going to meetings isn't the right thing for you to do right now, and you'll explain more later.

I also don't want to start down a course that is going to pit his mom against me.

huh? what did I just read about?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    As an update she has decided not to move out right now..
    because she doesn't have anywhere to go. But she is giving me the silent treatment.....BD

That is your opportunity..

Be nice..Smile..

Make dinner on meeting nights..Be helpfull..

Don`t bring up anything WBT$ related..

It will all blow over..

You may have to put up with BullShit for the next few weeks..

So expect it and roll with the punchs..

Problem Solved..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have no desire to go all crazy with anything. I'm still a Christian, and I love God. I only want the best for my family. I would die for them. But right now, dying is not what is needed. I'm trying to suffer for them. I can take the hurt that I'm already feeling. It hurts a bit worse when you are told that you are doing the wrong thing and are being selfish when you are trying to do the exact opposite.

But I will show my love for them by getting through this and will hopefully one day get the opportunity to show my wife how bad this organization really is.

However, from a Christian view, I can do no such thing. It's God that brings people to Him and shows them the truth. I will do my part. But I recognize that He is the one that is really in charge.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's what I'm doing, Outlaw. I'm trying to kill her with genuine kindness and love.

SixofNine...you don't have kids, do you?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Your wife's treatment of you this morning is not unexpected or uncommon. This will take time, bro. I'm going to send you a PM with some details of my experience, FWIW.

Hang in there.

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Dont know much of your situation but if you havent said anything to discredit the so called truth as yet I would just play things down and just try slowly to slip under the radar....

or

Simply tell your wife you cant stand the hippocracy of everything, (which includes her drunkeness - lol) so your taking your leave from JWdom so as to live your life as you see fit because clearly all the other JW's do this too. Leave a copy of the book Crisis of consicence lying around and just keep being loving...

Either way I wouldnt give her any ammunition to discredit you as a person in any other way...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit