I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

I agree CB. It's sad about tossing those old books. When I found out the truth about the Truthâ„¢, I actually tossed most stuff. I wish I had saved it all now. I've had to get a few things on eBay and through others who were getting rid of stuff.

It's good to have real, hard copies of the publications. Being able to compare, for instance, the May 15 1984 Watchtower "1914: The Generation that WILL NOT pass away" with the CD-Rom version is priceless. That's just one example of how they go back, and scrub the publications of all the embarrassing things they have predicted or claimed. The scrubbed, sanitized version is what appears in the CD-Roms.

I wonder how many people compare hard copy publications to the scrubbed CD-Rom versions that the Watchtower puts out. Their dishonesty is nothing less than outrageous. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

• Ding
    Ding

Dan,

She doesn't have to know a lot of doctrine to know that JWs are supposed to go door to door and turn in their time and that if they're not doing this they're in big trouble at Armageddon, right?

If field service isn't important to her, why is meeting attendance?

The WTS stresses both.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Do you guys turn in time for studying with your kids or informal witnessing? I do think that is strange that you are not bugged for being irregular.

Are things getting better? Hope so!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" If field service isn't important to her, why is meeting attendance? "

Good question Ding

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi bro dan,

as you know we all hate what your goin' through, and I hope and pray

that it gets better for you, But I must admit this whole post has confused me

on page one you stated that your wife was a die hard witness, on this page

she doesn't even know the basics of JW religion, that she follows blindly

how could this be what am I missin'

• Scully
    Scully

brotherdan:

You could try a variation on the D2D anti-witnessing idea that I had in this thread: Wouldn't it be a hoot....

• wasblind
    wasblind

Pardon my mistake Bro dan, I meant on page 18 not this page

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Daddy why don't you go to the meetings anymore?"

"Well, son, it's like this: it's a BLOOD-SUCKING CULT THAT WILL ROT YOUR BRAIN, TURN YOU INTO A FREAK, TEACH YOU TO HATE PEOPLE, SUCK OUT ALL OF YOUR PRIDE AND ENERGY, MAKE YOU MISERABLE, DESTROY YOUR FAMILY AND RUIN YOUR LIFE. "

"That's why."

Farkel

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It really does seem strange that this 'die hard' JW who- in the face of her husband's being true to himself- was prepared to move miles away with the children and abandon her marriage to a man she apparently loved, is the same woman who just doesnt 'like' FS so doesnt go...gets drunk with her worldly friend...and has never been interested in studying the publications and cant defend her faith? Despite her intelligence? Even without depth of study it's impossible not to be indoctrinated at the meetings. So doesnt she listen at all?

The hypocrisy is blatant, and her reasoning is confounding to say the least.

Loz x.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I think the loathing of field service is probably almost universal

The only reason most JWs do it is to attempt to earn their salvation and earn some pride points in front of their peers.

The huge drawback with FS is it is a rejection fest.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit