I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

No offence with the clip bro. Dan. Pretty funny.

I know you're really upset, but that was a real result, getting the missus to go to marriage counselling. (The people I know who've gone to therapy/counselling have come away with a positive experience). She doesn't seem as hard-core as others might be. I'd take it as a subtle hint that she wants things to work out, at least. (Dubs I know would never go to counselling!)

For now she seems to be on the defensive and acting scared by your apostate views. She might seem a bit extreme at the moment and treating you badly, it's probably a fearful reaction, but I don't think it's because she doesn't love you. Everyone's been a bit 'full-on Dub' at some point in their life. Doesn't mean she can't change. I'm optimistic for you and your family.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Dan, I am so glad that you have found an oasis for the moment. This is great news. Pray for endurance. Jesus said he came to cause divisions (Matt 10:32-39) ... the division you faced was not caused by Christ, it was caused by the mind control of a cult, you aren't denying your belief or relationship with Christ by restrategizing for your family, you ARE being a Christian for their sake.

James 5:7,8 (NIV)

Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

I am another that will be praying for you.

Best wishes.

• caliber
    caliber

The sudden changes in this story tell me that your wife's actions are just knee-jerk reactions. I don't think there is any deeply embedded

resistance or stance . I think all rests with you and your willingness to compromise. Marriage is a series cyclical actions of convergence

and divergence... of harmony and disharmony. It is a matter of adding two people together then subtracting one from the other to see how

much is left of the whole ! I see glimmers of light even from my limited observation & knowledge of your situation.

I say also say (as the wonderful comment above) stand firm ..balance you hope with love and patience

Hope springs eternal !!!

sincerely Caliber

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    The sudden changes in this story tell me that your wife's actions are just knee-jerk reactions.

She's always been that way, but she also acts on those knee-jerk reactions too. The only reason she's backed down like she has is because I've backed down. If I acted like a normal person and stuck to my guns, she'd have left me long ago.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh Dan..play the game for her...we cant judge you...but I really hope you can find a way to help her to get out of the Org....

Loz x

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I've read all of the advice you've got, BroDan. My wife and I feel for you. Stay the course that you feel is right. Don't push her too hard, too fast. Hopefully, one day she'll come around and see this freaking religion for what it is.

My wife saw the "light" by trying to prove me wrong. The more she read the Bible, the more she saw the WT was offbase. It's subtle, but with enough time and patience on your part, maybe she will study herself right out of the WT's grasp.

Our prayers are with you, brother.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thanks Freeatlast!

My wife saw the "light" by trying to prove me wrong.

I BEGGED my wife to prove me wrong. I told her that I WANT to be proven wrong. But she refuses. I think deep down she knows what she'd find if she looked. But she won't admit that.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Dan,

Since the new video release highlighted the truthz of Russell, perhaps you should use Studies in the Scriptures for your Family Worship Night. They're truly illuminating.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That would be awesome! We could start with "The Finished Mystery" since it was released in 1919...the very year that Jesus chose the WT as his Faithful Slave!!!

• Ding
    Ding

What are you going to do about field service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit