I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

What are you going to do about field service?

Hopefully nothing!

Galatians 1:6-10 (English Standard Version)

No Other Gospel
    6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Dan, please bear in mind there is NO condemnation for you.

Romans 8:1-2 (English Standard Version)

Life in the Spirit
    1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. Blessings in Christ, Stephen
  • Ding
    Ding

When I asked, "What are you going to do about field service?" my point was that this will probably be the next battlefield one the meeting attendance is resolved.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh, yeah field service. I haven't done it for almost 2 years and I refuse to do it in the future.

Putting myself in a postition where I have to listen to lies for a couple of hours is FAR different than physically going to someone and deliberately lying to them. I will NEVER go in service for JWs again. I will preach truth directly from the Bible to those that want to hear it. But I will not preach lies created by the WT organization.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thank you Amivee! I actually already have the pdf of the book. But thanks for your offer!!!

• tec
    tec

I will preach truth directly from the Bible to those that want to hear it. But I will not preach lies created by the WT organization.

Never doubted it.

Tammy

• Ding
    Ding

Has your wife explained why she is so upset about you not going to meetings but accepting of your not going out in field service?

• Ding
    Ding

Bump

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, about the "Finished Mystery" book...

If you have "it" on a CD or pdf put out by the Watchtower Society, you may not actually "have" the REAL book....

We know that the Watchtower boys tend to re-edit stuff when they re-issue it - make it "available" - on CDs and other modern formats....

I wouldn't trust the CD or the pdf unless it came from a reliable, independent source. On the other hand, if you've got the actual, original published book...

THAT could be very interesting!!!

Zid

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ding, she doesn't like service either. So apparently it's ok to not go in service. Although the other day she said that she wants to get back out. She hasn't been in service for around 2 years either.

But this is one thing I CANNOT back down about. I believe it would be wrong in Gods eyes to go in service as a representative of JWs. However, I guess if I WAS forced, I would attempt to work alone and use ONLY the Bible to teach Jesus to others.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

bd: "she said that she wants to get back out."

Yeah, that's always what they say. But after they go out and knock on a couple of doors, then they remember why they quit doing it before. What a tedious waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit