I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Brother Dan, this certainly is a promising development. Make that appointment with the counselor!

We could start with "The Finished Mystery" since it was released in 1919...the very year that Jesus chose the WT as his Faithful Slave!!!

Dan, you sly dog! That should lead to an interesting good "Old Light vs. New Lite" conversation.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I'm in full "Theocratic Tact" war strategy now. I told her that I would go to the meetings if she promised to go to marriage counseling with me. She was hesitent but finally agreed. ..."

Yay!!! Yay yay yay YAY!!!!

Yeah, keeping your sanity while attending the meetings while knowing that they aren't teaching the truth about the bible - really difficult, I can imagine...

But I'm glad you're going back - as a CONSCIOUS Witness...

I was about to offer to go back to the meetings myself - and I would have to go back as a "disassociated" one, and explain why I left 25 years ago, and be "shunned" at the meetings - the whole nine yards - just so I could function as a "compatriot" of you, in attending something that I totally see thru...

WHEW!!! I dodged THAT bullet!!

Anyway, I think you'll find that the going will be a bit easier - at least, meetings-wise, as you get into the swing of keeping your mind free of the cult influence. Not easy at first, but...

I have a slightly different idea for staying sane in the meetings... Get a pix of the Governing Body - there are some here on-board - and imagine them as a buncha old farts tootling around a really crummy, dysfunctional nursing home... Which is sorta the situation, anyway...

Loves ya! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "That would be awesome! We could start with "The Finished Mystery" since it was released in 1919...the very year that Jesus chose the WT as his Faithful Slave!!! ..."

So.... (hint, hint...) Where ya gonna get a copy of that book???

Now that it looks like you'll be staying put - not kicked out or anything - would you like to PM me your address, so I can send you my little library??? IF you think it will help, at this point...

On the other hand, a person can usually pick up old JW literature online... Maybe it'd be safer, not coming from your "girlfriend" - one of your "girlfriends" - in Denver???

Zid

• garyneal
    garyneal
    So.... (hint, hint...) Where ya gonna get a copy of that book???

How about the Kingdom Hall library? My mother-in-law's hall has the whole series.

• Balsam
    Balsam

That is a great clip, funny and right on. I remember seeing that movie and thinking that is so JW like.

I think the hardest thing about being a JW is realizing that the love is conditional. If we don't toe the line our loved ones quickly turn their backs on us. It happens to spouses, parents, kids, grandparents literally. It is best to keep your expectations low, be kind but don't count on it working with your wife.

When I turned away from the religion after my husband (now ex-husband) and I lost our 15 year old son as a result of an auto accident and refusing blood transfusion for him, the father of my children accused me of being demonized when I told him I was done. I spent 30 years with that man and in that moment I realized he didn't even know me and I didn't know him. His behavior shocked me.

I feel for you know your in a tough situation.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap, now I have to double-check....

Maybe I don't have a copy of that one...

Will check and report back tomorrow...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nope... Don't have "Then is Finished the Mystery of God" from 1919... RAts..!!

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one...

• AimeeV
    AimeeV

I hardly ever post, but have been following your story with my heart in my throat...I have The Finished Mystery on disc if you want me to post it. I've never used Sendspace to upload something, but could probably figure it out =). Glad the situation has become somewhat neutralized for you and your wife. Hope and prayers being sent your way...

• AimeeV
    AimeeV

The Finished Mystery...

http://www.sendpace.com/file/a3zhr3

Can't figure out how to hyperlink this so you will have to cut and paste it in your browser...if it doesn't work I will keep messing around with it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Dude, if you want to keep your wife its gonna take a lot of work, you are gonna have to keep your mouth shout! and that is gonna be hard. I already know. Can you do it? is it worth it? THINK THINK THINK is it worth it? maybe you will find another SOULMATE in this world. but hey if you want her, well you want her. Does she want you? If both of you do then you gotta be smart! SMART, did i say smart? SHES IS UNDER MIND CONTROL dude! and she doesnt know it! but YOU DO! WHY DO YOU KEEP FORGETTING THAT?

I dont know. Anyway you ve got all the attention you needed now its time to Think and act accordingly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit