Most Annoying Things That Happen At JW Meetings

by LittleSister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

The totally useless "demonstrations" that purportedly show how to present the magazines

or the "offer of the month" etc. Most are completely removed from reality and achieve absolutely

nothing. "Thanks for the great demonstration Brother". Huh?????

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

R_O: Ah, yes the monster corporate lawyer bookcase. That one hit close to home, when I was first in I had a case that would have made Marcus Welby MD jealous. I thought heck, you never know when an exorcism will break out, you need to be prepared for anything.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

1. We had some very crazy brothers and sisters using the microphone to attack other Witnesses and their children.

2. Elders coming up to brothers and sisters they usually ignore and ask "Are you going to help us get our Thirty Hours this Month?" Putting the brother on the spot, the elders walked around asking people who might have missed Meetings for months, are you going to help us meet the goals the BOE set out for us in April and they do the same thing in December asking the Witnesses to spend more time in Field Service because it made them look good.

3. Harrassing the Publishers for money from the Podium, if Jehovah is blessing the Organization why are we constantly being asked for donate cash? Does this mean Jehovah is not backing us up or is he using the Weekly Address to say "If this was the World you know, they would have shut the power down and we would be sitting in the dark with candles", "thank goodness we have some sisters who are making big donations to cover up the slack.'

4. The Pioneer Hour, I hated the bragging and fake stories the Pioneers used to motivate the rank-and-file Witnesses, it's a shame many of the Pioneers never helped the weak Witnesses nor did they give a Rat's Arse, it's all for show!

5. Bogus Demonstrations, why don't they provide real life stories of visits to Vlad the Vodka drinker or Chewy the Cocaine snorter, the RVs and Calls were a joke, nobody knows how to push the Worldy people's patience like the Witnesses do. What's the use of having all this wisdom if the people you are spending the majority of your time with can't follow your Bible Study?

6. Bragging how well Service went when I was in the car-group, we wasted two hours driving around without talking to anybody, driving out to a Rest Home on the Mesa only to drop off a Magazine and talk to nobody. The lead Creepster at CreepSide Congregation would go up and pontificate how we were so blessed in the Ministry, I am thinking "What the heck is he talking about, we had five people in our car-group and nobody even got out of the car, we drove around wasting time. Is this how Jehovah wants us to be a Christian instead of helping the Poor, Needy, the Elderly, Clothing the homeless and finding ways to make the World a better place?" These are the things that drove me cray, the total fake Xians!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit