Most Annoying Things That Happen At JW Meetings

by LittleSister 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

LITS-- the young elders' wife and her sister were probably writing to each other. That's what we used to do. You get bonus points for taking "notes" but really you were talking to the friend you had next to you. lol.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When they unlocked the door to let everyone in..

• dgp
    dgp

Marked (again, in case I forgot I marked it already).

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I HATED WT comments that just repeated the paragraph. It insulted my intelligence to just regurgitate some basic sentences that were written for a fifth grader! I refused.

Even worse is when I did answer (because my wife pressured me) people would say "I enjoyed your comment". What did you enjoy? I just repeated what was written in the paragraph.

I agree, I stopped answering completely because of this,

It was way to much of an insult to my intelligence.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV
    If all I am going to hear at the boasting sessions is how important the boasting sessions are, they are not all that important after all.

Yup some irony. A meeting talking about how important it is to be at that meeting when all the people who it is aimed at are not there to hear it.

MMXIV

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Just thought of another one, having to sit on chairs that would qualify as a new form of torture.

Getting a numb bum is one thing but these chairs could create a whole new combination of numbness, back pain and pins and needles. It would get so uncomfortable that I would have to stand for part of the meeting much to brother attendant’s annoyance. Standing for the song would provide some relief, but then the prayer would go on so long I would think I was going to faint.

Once when I was a child I lost my balance during the prayer and fell into the seats in front, my mum was not amused ouch!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hated having the BS at my house. I had told my ex that people only stayed because we always provided hospitality. I decided that night not to offer anything. Within 5 minutes the house cleared. assholes

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I decided that night not to offer anything. Within 5 minutes the house cleared. assholes.

That is too funny!

Sylvia

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

I remember one elderly chap who always used to shout his WT study answers, even though it was going through a mike and a 100w Amplifier. When they let me play about with the records and Amps, I always turned down the mike as he made his answer. The poor bloke would be nearly screaming in the end.

Regards

Paul Uk

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I used to get chastised (right in the meetings in a general way by the conductor saying, "Will everyone please answer directly from the paragraphs and not extemporize for the sake of time?") for not answering from the paragraphs, but in my own words.

When I started going to the meetings in the mid seventies, you were praised for answering in your own words. I can only surmise that somewhere along the way, the WTS got nervous that answering in your own words encouraged "apostasy", just like reading and studying the Bible on your own encourages apostasy.

To me, that means that "apostasy" is just a word that means "thinking for yourself". Any organization that is so death on "independent thinking" being from the Devil ( it's from the Devil, how can it be independent...independent means it's from YOU...ugh, the logical fallacies in the WTS just go on and on!) is afraid of thinking for yourself, obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit