New tract for American Indians

by purplesofa 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm tempted to say, "Heap interesting tract. Um take into teepee and read while drinking white man firewater." But I know better than to reduce native Americans to a cultural stereotype, so I won't bother.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I got that email too. It's making the looney-net rounds.

Praise the Lord! All, ethnicities will get thier own paradise and a JW tract to show them what it looks like.

I'd personally like to see the Muslim version. I'm hoping there are 99 hot virgin chicks in burqa or whatever. Mmmm conservative eye-holes.

Whoever said they focus on the downtrodden sure hit it spot on.

--Not Reading It

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What is Bethel going to write on the blood chapter for the Native American Indians?

Native American Indians eat blood sausage, use blood in medicinal cures, sacrifices, and in festivals.

Bethel's writing department is going to have to "save the blood question for last" with this group. Maybe Bethel will allow "fractions" to be used instead?

Skeeter

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oh, brother! This is the same waste of paper they are going to be shoving down our throats this coming fall. Hopefully, they will not fall for it any more than anyone else does.

I hope this is a complete fiasco, with zero of them placed.

• agent zero
    agent zero

very stereotype, the native inspired clothing, the canoes, etc. personally i kinda like that kind of stuff, but i can see it being offensive and/or rediculous to natives.

A0

• Twitch
    Twitch

Whacked

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Reading the tract, I want to learn more about Chief Joseph... he's the only one that makes any sense...

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Hooow ! Chief moomanchu here; of the fugahwee tribe.

Why me get no lion or tiger or big basket of fruit

in white man injun paradise?

• golf2
    golf2

The elder with the tie in the last picture is my fleshly brother. Many moons ago he asked me to study with him, I did.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That was a picture of paradise? I thought it was a Native Americanized version of the cover of the new Great Teacher book. I thought that was a bunch of kids with an NA Jesus.

Where are the lions, pandas, and fruit? Picnics and volley ball?

Canoes and hides for clothing in the New Order? Weird.

This is so patronizing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit