New tract for American Indians

by purplesofa 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

witnessing on reservations was always successful, if only for trying to bridge the gap between the white and native people -- you really get to see alot of different culture, working on the rez...

but yes, life for the natives is quite depressing :(

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I am sure most all of the native americans in this area would be insulted by this tract.

You mean they don't all wear thier hair in braids and little fringes on their buckskin outfits? LOL! The natives around here where same clothes everyone else does. Stupid tract!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Solace.."Working the reservations was successful"..???.."Working the Rez"..???....I guess you think your a "Hip White Boy!"..LOL!!.....Now why do I doubt you have ever stepped foot,on a First Nations Reservation?..LOL!!..............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Solace1998
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Now why do I doubt,you have ever stepped foot on a First Nations Reservation?................

LOL Outlaw! Oh, I believe Solace worked "the Rez" as a JW. He and the elder he was with thought they were bridging the gap between cultures. The natives they were calling on just secretly wondered when these two whitey's were going to get the hell off their land! (again!)

Cog

• Carmel
    Carmel

It'll never fly without the hoop dancer! carm

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

you people can be so ignorant :)

it wasnt just me and an elder. The entire congregation worked the rez without fear of anything. Yeah, there were some "interesting" moments, but there were some great experiences, and i dont think it any different than any of the rest of the territory we worked. I've been in brooklyn, philly, pitts, raleigh, and a few other places, and the rez was NOT the scariest place by FAR.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

and as far as me being a hip white boy, you dont know where i came from before i was a jw -- so dont bother, mate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Solace..No,not what ever man.....Your 2 posts tell me you know nothing............I am one of the few white people I know..Who has really lived among them..And..Didn`t get his ass kicked................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's totally patronizing. Of course, I wouldn't expect any cultural expertise from the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit