Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• freydi
    freydi

What will they ban next given the bunker mentality of the gb and the blind allegiance of the r&f?

• worf
    worf

Carla,

I was just listing all the nonsense commands that come down from the GB.

Just an additional comment: This ban on college will cause a number of jws to think and they will leave.

Worf

• Champion
    Champion

Seeker4...Do you know when this letter was issued? I was just having an argument with my Elder dad about this. He told me the society does not say not to go to college. Would all elders get a copy of the letter?

All I can say is what is wrong with these idiots!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i wonder if my dad will be removed

he never discouraged me from going to college

and i dont stay at home.

i'm 47...he's in his 70s

• penny2
    penny2
    What are you Brits and Aussies hearing?

Nothing yet. In some congregations here, many of the young ones go to college or university.

Many of us older ones had to educate ourselves in our 30s - others are stuck in low paying jobs for life - all because of leaving school too early. So I can't see the trend for further education changing in a hurry.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    wonder if my dad will be removed

he never discouraged me from going to college

and i dont stay at home.

i'm 47...he's in his 70s

too funny.

lisa

• dozy
    dozy

My understanding is that the new ruling isn't to be applied retrospectively , so elders who in the past have encouraged their children to go to Uni , or have themselves or their wives attended are in the clear.

The key that was strongly emphasized was the attitude that elders/ms have towards the "clearly stated view of the FADS on this matter".

In reality , I don't think that many elders or ms will be removed over this.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Guys! Guys! Back up! It was NOT a letter, it was part of the outline considered with Elders and MS. Theme: "Keep Holding the Pattern of Helpful Words". Subheading: Eduction to Bring Praise to Jehovah. From my notes; "Consider costs involved in higher education; moral environment, secular goals, monetary costs. We were then presented with 2 scenarios, one of which featured an elder who encouraged his daughter to go off to college. This elder and his wife were advocating college education. They mentioned the social and economic boost they'd receive through this college education. NOTE: this brother's qualifications to serve as an elder would be called into question. For what it's worth my notes don't have any scriptural references, and while I can't remember if I just didn't note them down, it would appear there is no scriptural basis for this new rule.

• blondie
    blondie

When the policy regarding blood transfusions was changed from df'ing to the person being considered to have da'd themselves, there was no letter then either. Merely something the CO read to the BOE. The elders could not have a copy or even see the letter.

Thus except for these elders, anyone they told, the rank and file still think that jws who have a transfusion will be df'd. But with the new language "no longer considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses", the rank and file don't know if it is a dfing or daing.

• minimus
    minimus

I've always felt that simply telling the truthful facts about Jehovah's Witnesses will do more than enough damage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit