Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• sir82
    sir82

So now we know the real reason bookstudies have been melded into the School and Service Meetings. They expected a loss of elders and ministerial servants due to this decision on their part. They have given themselves until January 2009 to adjust and see just how many elders and ms's step aside over the college issue.

Wow, never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.

These guys are diabolical!

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, it has actually been verified for the classical JWD reality check?

I can hardly believe it (that they really said this) - but, on the other hand - many of the things coming forth from the faithful and discreet slaveowner, I could barely believe either.

This is desperation of the highest order.

Hitler in the storm cellar - where is my Army? where are my pills? Where is that dog?

• sir82
    sir82

Imagine the effect this would have on child custody cases!

It would be PR nightmare if that letter were somehow to be scanned & made public.

Somewhere out there, isn't there just one sympathetic CO who reads this site? If so, this is your chance! You can finally make a difference!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Is this really anything significant? The WT has always stressed getting enough training to support yourself for full-time ministry. How is this different? Elders/MS were never allowed to promote college/secondary education. I see this as simply a regurgitation in strong yet subjective terms. Any member can still go to college and simply state it is for their job/needed to get a job to support themself, etc.

What is different here?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

good point outlaw. and seriously, its a matter of when, not if, that the society does the same with the internet. i am surprised they havent dont that yet. the internet is their single biggest threat. this is unreal.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Seeker, how did you verify this? Did you see this letter or hear about it? Any chance of a scan? THANKS!

• Caedes
    Caedes

It sounds like they are already starting the Second Dark Ages. So far, it is just for themselves. But, if they reach Critical Mass, they are going to seize the governments and start the whole humanity into the Second Dark Ages. Permanently.

I would like to see a scan of that letter get spread to every forum, blog, and news media possible. I want to ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery before they can ruin my "secret" society with their sham presentations and/or their stupid rules. Or by plunging the whole world into the Second Dark Ages.

I have asked you this before and got no reply, How exactly is a minority religous cult like the witnesses going to sieze governments? They account for something like 0.1% of the population (if you actually believe their own figures and there is ample reason to doubt them).

Even if somehow the mainstream media did get interested in this it's not news, it affects a few people in a small religous group who everyone thinks are nutters anyway. Please tell me what you think they WBTS could possibly do that would plunge the whole world into a second dark age. Take to the streets with their zimmer frames in hand perhaps?

• sir82
    sir82

What is different here?

The difference is, never has there been a written instruction telling elders that they must actively discourage their children from attending college.

There have been decades of mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy statements that say things like "college is fraught with danger" and then leave it to well-trained JWs to connect the dots, as it were.

But to explicitly state that elders must actively discourage their children from attending, under pain of loss of congregational privilege, is a whole new frontier.

There is now something in writing (granted, only available to the 600 or so COs in the US) that outlines discipline for failing to discourage higher education. As you can imagine, such a written document, if it were ever to fall into the hands of a child-custody lawyer, would virtually guarantee a slam dunk victory.

Not to mention be a PR nightmare for the Society, if it were to become common knowledge that JWs actively discourage their children from getting an education. The Society goes to great pains to appear "normal" in the eyes of the public, and such a blatant Luddite policy would make them appear at best out of touch, at worst cult-like.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

It's too subjective. Hardliner elders will take this to the ump degree and JCs will be formed over a JW taking classes beyond HS. Liberal ones will just wink at it.

I keep saying too that it is very possible witchhunts will eventually start for JWs educated and degreed while a JW. Meaning that if one earns a degree while being a JW, I suspect that attempts will be made to drum them out of the organization.

I don't think I'm being paranoid either. Think about it, now that the GB has come out as anti-college, they know that there are enough brainwashed elders and R&F members that will tow the line and college will be more out of reach for JW kids. The lowest common denominator always is where anything settles.

Once that is in place, the GB will have to deal with the handful of educated JWs hanging around. After all, they might incite rebellion! So, carefully orchestrated witchhunts will begin to drum these people out of the organization.

There will be record number of "Apostate" DF'd ones who previously were loyal JWs.

All of which will be null and void if the GB has use of them, of course (computer programs, lawyers, doctors, linguists, etc.)

But I suspect there will be lots and lots of DF'ing going on in the next few years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

YourMamma..The WBT$ has already made a big deal about the internet..The problem is,computers are everywhere..The workplace,homes,coffee shops,laundry mats,ect..And..Lets not forget laptops,you can access the internet from a park or the beach..Theres nothing the WBT$ can do about it..LOL!!..Throwing Computer Out Of Window................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit