Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• james_woods
    james_woods

Unfortunately, time is also the friend of the false prophet.

Many of the people they are preventing from a higher education were born after 1975 and know nothing about that failure.

But, as it has been stated correctly before - the internet is going to prove to be a hard little anthill for them to stamp out.

• dinah
    dinah

What about the middle aged elder who didn't go to college because the end was coming, and now has a crappy job and struggles to survive? Do you think he might see past "the end" and insist that his children at least be equipped to support a family?

Probably some will step down, or hopefully leave the troof altogther. But I'm sure there will be those who see this a more PROOF that the end is NEAR. Somebody people just don't want to see the real truth.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The leaderships hostility toward education will continue to create a brain-drain in the organization. There will continue to be a serious deficit of people who know how to think rationally, who have critical thinking skills, and who show any creativity. But, this is exactly what the leadership wants.

The Watchtower organization is operated and governed very similar to a multi-national corporation where layers of management oversee six million sales reps. The Governing Body needs to maintain this kind of manufactured unanimity in order to keep the organizational structure intact. Why would they want to have any intelligent, educated, and creative people in the mix?

I believe that the organizational leadership only wants educated people at their headquarters to serve organizational interests (i.e. lawyers, accountants, engineers, etc.) They simply have no use for educated rank and file members. They need to have a membership that is easy to manipulate with its sophistry, rhetoric, and demagoguery.

The continuous push toward pre-canned, pre-planned, pre-packaged material and talks will not provide the spiritual stimulation and enrichment necessary to retain members. The ways in which talks and Watchtower studies are micro-managed does not allow for freedom of expression or creativity. For those who are intelligent, creative, and forward thinking; they must face the day-to-day frustration of having no intellectual outlet or stimulation. Very few youths will be interested in this kind of dry, legalistic, rigid, and boring form of worship. The way in which the human spirit is stifled will only continue to push people out the doors.

• besty
    besty

Will be interesting for my hardline Elder PO brother.

He has a 1st class University Degree and is one year of further study away from completing a doctorate. Bright guy indeed. All this achieved in his mid to late 30's whilst already occupying a white collar managerial job and serving as an elder. Now he is one step away from being an executive with his company. Good for him - fair play I say.

He is married without children and his wife works part time. They live in one of Scotlands most expensive neighbourhoods in an attractive house in its own grounds.

Interesting how he will position this anti-college stance with his BOE and others thinking of educating themselves beyond the minimum. (In his defence he did regular pioneer for 12 years straight from school and did the hard yards office work to support himself)

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I have my doubts that any elders will actually be removed when push comes to shove.

They need all the elders they can get - the workload must be killing the BOEs where elders are stepping down already.

I also agree with the poster that said that most JWs are in denial about this - I know that in the UK this has already been communicated via the CO's and one elder at least has justified his kid going to college by saying "we didn't encourage him to go, it's his choice" (wink,wink, nudge, nudge). I hope the person who I got my info from posts his illumination on this latest directive....

The faiithful dubs will just ignore this latest claptrap and put it down to the ramblings of the crazy men who they still believe are somehow inspired, of good motives, etc, etc.

It will be a great opportunity for elders who want to be done with whole thing and start their fade totally legitimately.

Roll on the fall out.......

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Jeremy C nails it again!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Be careful that they [JW children being questioned] don't get the impression that they are in a demonstration at the circuit assembly, when they would show that the first things in life are service and going to the Kingdom Hall. Show hobbies, crafts, social activity, sports, and especially plans for the future.

"Be careful they don't all say that they are going to be pioneers. Plans can be trade, getting married and having children, journalism, and all kinds of other things. Maybe you can show an interest in art and the theatre. They must be clean, moral, honest, but with interests you would expect from other young people."

PREPARING FOR CHILD CUSTODY CASES, p.42

At least JW children - coached by parents and lawyers - are permitted to feign interest in the arts and academia.

CC

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is exciting, I swear I am almost giddy. Thanks Seeker4 for sharing.

What I wonder about is what are the university educated thinking that work at Bethel. Knowing a few, I continually wonder why they are still supporting this crazy cult. (I guess I'm assuming they still are.)

An elder from my former hall teaches at a college, he and his wife both went to college, and their three children are college graduates. What the h**l is he going to do? Or...what are they going to do with him? I mean that's just one guy!

Bring it on WBTS...I see our work cut out for us in exit counseling!

• tak
    tak

I wonder what scriptures they quote for this?

• dinah
    dinah

All those scriptures that say to put the Kingdom first, I suppose, tak. They will put a materialistic spin on it. All those who want an education don't love or trust Jehovah the GB enough. Oh and the end is SO SO VERY near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit