Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

Actually, as someone who still has to play the game as an active Witness, I appreciate hearing from both former and active elders, circuit overseers, and anyone else with inside information on the organization. I like hearing from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, instead of some idiot rambling about some unsubstantiated rumor or the latest far-fetched speculation.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I greatly appreciate those who are still walking inside who take the time to let us know what is going on in the Borg. It helps us deal with our family still in! And as double agents, they dont even get the cool cars, the fancy rocket launcher pens and the scantilly clad divas

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I try not to get too judgemental about those who are still in and posting here.

We all are in various stages of our departure from the WTS, and there are those who find it distasteful that anyone would still be concerned about being on a board like JWD after leaving the Org.

So, I try to let people move at their own pace. And I love having people still on the inside or still serving post here. Knowing more about what's going on in Watchtowerland than the typical JW is fun!

S4

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

This whole education "thing' has a bipartite intent.

1. Distract from other more important changes.

2. Expose free thinkers.

My advice is to ignore it, dont make an issue of it. There are plenty of WT articles to defend ones position either way, it is a sting to expose apostates, nothing more, dont fall for it!!!

Just nod and say the WT is vary balanced and it is a personal choice.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

This is global.

But what isnt being said is that there are TWO examples being read out, one of an elders son who is at UNI but both are pulling their weight in the cong.

The other family are doing the same, but not doing anything in the cong and are generally being materialistic.

So yes it is in the letter and being read out, but not as it is being represented here.

They are read as scenarios only.

There are loads of WT's to say education is OK if the motive is OK and it doesnt interfere with ones spirituality.

• sf
    sf

[[SF We are so fortunate to have you here.]] I agree. Thank you for saying so though. It's appreciated. sKally

• besty
    besty

JeffreyWhat - from one of your earlier posts (which are always most insightful)

Anyone that has been in the org for any length of time will notice that they take two paths when making changes, they either bomb you with sensational headlines, or they sneak things in via a whisper campaign lead by the CO's backed up by talks at conventions, then touched on in the Watchtower

Isn't the education crackdown a textbook example of the latter technique you describe above?

We've had the drama's at the conventions, the hardline WT's and now the CO letter with scenarios on whether an appointed man can be removed or not.

Note that the CO letter was not focussed on the pro/cons of college and how to help the R&F make a wise choice - it was focussed on whether to remove someone or not. By laying it on the line to the BOE + MS wannabees that their positions are in doubt, the WTS don't have to ponder on whether education is a good thing or not - they are just discussing outcomes.

• besty
    besty

JeffreyWhat

There are loads of WT's to say education is OK if the motive is OK and it doesnt interfere with ones spirituality.

Present truth doctrine eliminates this as a defense for anything. There's loads of Watchtowers describing Jesus 2nd coming in 1874.

BrotherYoungMangoing to College: I have the WT here from 199x saying its Ok if i need to go.

ElderStrictPants: Well yes the Society have lovingly provided brighter new light and we see that its not encouraged any more. (refers to more recent WT/drama + CO letter if he has to) So the faithful slave has been moved by the Holy Spirit to discourage you from going. Do you want to be found fighting te Spirit? See here this recent WT about being obedient to those taking the lead....

etc - you can hear it now....

• belbab
    belbab

I haven't yet read all eight pages of this thread, but I will post a suggestion anyway.

We need a scan of this letter.

Do you think we could take up a collection for a few dollars as an incentive for some elder or elderette or CO or CO-ette, to obtain a little pin money for a little vacation expenses?

After all, newspapers pay out for news articles or photos of events. The police offer rewards for information to catch suspects.

I would just love to see the GB learn that leaks exist even at the CO level.

belbab, in dreaming mode.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

jefferywhat:

Somewhere back there someone did discuss these two examples that were used in the COs outline, so it wasn't overlooked or misrepresented. After this many pages and posts, there's a lot of noise on a thread, and that stuff can get lost! Thanks for bringing it up again.

besty: I can see that scenario. There is a post, new today, on a thread that states that Losch of the GB is trying to become the new driving force of the WTS. According to the post, Losch feels the let up on the ban on higher ed in the 90s was an apostate influence, and responsible for the slow down in the org.

Couldn't have been that ol' 1914 Generation change in 1995, could it??!!

Losch is also the one that gave the anti-ed talk you can find on YouTube, if I'm not mistaken. Makes sense.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit