Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• jambon1
    jambon1

Losch is a dick. His youtube vid proves that.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i also think they are getting rid of bookstudies to eliminate private discussions and ideas that they can not controll.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i remember a few years ago there was a young ms going to a 4 year collrge .there was alot of negative talk in car groups-especially the old pioneer hags.i would say to them-what is the difference betwwen going to college or working fulltime?

• facemouse
    facemouse

I'm new here, but I read you guys all the time.

What about the fact that most "children" are considered ADULTS when they graduate from high school? How are we supposed to discourage some grown-a kids to not go to college? What are they supposed to do, get a minimum wage job, with their basic education and because they can only afford to either eat or put gas in their car, be on welfare for the rest of their lives?

The WBTS is getting butt backwards. Who's supposed to finance this organization? All the poor people they're creating? If you have a bunch of uneducated idiots that make five dollars an hour then stop asking people to finance all your overseas building projects!

They've gone too far this time. You know the inner city idiot elders are all going to be preaching the letter because they don't want anyone smarter than them anyway and the el's and ms's that are educated are going to send their kids on the hush if they want to continue serving. UGH!

So ready to step out it's not even funny!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome facemouse!

Hope to see more posts from you in the future.

...And Yup, troubles are already surfacing in my City.

The anti-education stance will be the death of the organization. Talk about a brain-drain....

if you thought JW's were a bit on the dim side now, just wait and see what the next 10 years will bring.

I love many individual JW's and I hope to spring them from this cult, not just for their own safety but for their children's safety AND their children's chance at a happy future.

Denying another generation of young ones an education is high treason. It won't guarantee a happy future, but they deserve a good education.

The Oracle

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hi facemouse and welcome!

I think the idea is that the parent/elder cannot be seen as encouraging or supporting the now-adult (as you said) offspring in a decision to go to a 4 year college for a career. And if the child still goes, the parent/elder would probably get into trouble for talking about the kid's experience in a positive light.

S4

• VM44
    VM44
    the parent/elder cannot be seen as encouraging or supporting the now-adult (as you said) offspring in a decision to go to a 4 year college for a career

An yet The Watchtower supported and paid the tuition for Rob Pollock to obtain an engineering degree. The Watchtower thus should remove itself from its own position of (self styled) authority!

• malachi04
    malachi04

Generally, I would ignore most of what goes on within the ranks of this movement. But I am compelled to voice an opinion on this subject. I completely repudiated the control that was exerted over me and my life by this organization and returned to college, got a degree and then followed it with a law degree. Before leaving, I invited the BOE along with the CO to a discussion in which I voiced my "95 thesis" about the WTS and its manipulation and deception. For this, I was never excommunicated. Simply put, when one speaks with knowledge and the authority of God, Satanic influences are forced to flee (i.e. Jesus' words to Peter "Get behind me, Satan"). I have no greater foresight than the next person, but it is my sincere belief that the totalitarian and unscriptural positions that the GB attempt to enforce will be the powderkeg that brings about the implosion and exposure of this man-made organization. That being said, I cannot give my time nor energy to the absurd folly of what these men have to say - only to those who desire to escape. It is such a breath of fresh air not to be enslaved to the whimsical contradictions of blind men misleading many truly good-hearted people. To borrow from Scripture and a very old WTS publication, "Let God be Found True" (though these men of the GB seem less and less interested in truth). Find your truth, live it and accept that you will be judged accordingly. But I assure you, it will not be by the mandates or edicts of men sitting in the temple of God making themselves a god - the true God reads the heart. And I thank God that I am absolutely done with the WTS imitation of the real life that God gave us a brain and a mind with which to learn, live and enjoy - including secular education.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

good post Malachi, and welcome to this forum.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

The Oracle

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

This just proves that the Watchtower doesn't want its members to be like the Beroeans!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit