Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

It was stated that if a child goes off to college the parent would be deleted as elder/ms.Most everyone who goes away to college is usally of the age of the majority (18+) therefore not a child. Because once one's offspring becomes of age and moves out whether off to college or work there is little a parent/elder has control over. So how could this affect one standing as elder or ms?

• flipper
    flipper

SEEKER- Good thread, thanks for posting it ! Well, well ! I guess then the old expression, " What's good for the goose, is good for the gander" doesn't add up here, eh ? Considering the fact that Albert Schroeder ( deceased governing body member ) had his son go to college , and the Watchtower society sends young men to law school to train to be attorneys for the society - has no bearing on the GB expecting rank and file members, or elders being required to prevent THEIR children from going to college. Typical WTS reasoning- we expect this of you, but we will do as we please

• worf
    worf

So:

Stay off the internet.

Don't watch the news.

Don't read anything critical of the org.

Don't go after material things. (Although we (GB),procured hundreds of millions of dollars from real estate sales in the past few years)

Stay in your DC clothes after the assembly is over.

Don't go to college.

Don't let your children go to college.

Don't even think of going to college because this may come out in your speech. As the scriptures say: "As a man thinks"...

Don't speak of going to college.

Yes. As posted earlier this is another nail in the borg's coffin. Sadly, there will be some who will never allow themselves to think, and they will be nailed in the coffin right along with the perpetrators of this fraud.

Worf

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I see a couple of other things that will happen. The really good elders,, who are moderate and have enough wisdom, who have kids in college will be,, either silenced(not speaking about a child they are sending to college) or removed,, this will serve to weed out elders who place a value on education and have the effect of keeping the flock dumbed down.

They no doubt will lose many educated brothers,, congregation contributions will get smaller as the loyal JWs struggle to make a living.

Also this will be the final kick in the ass from the WT for many brothers,, as this rather aggressive action by the Society will cause many to start to become critical of the WT and eventually leaving.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Also this will be the final kick in the ass from the WT for many brothers,, as this rather aggressive action by the Society will cause many to start to become critical of the WT and eventually leaving.

From your mouth to God's ears! We can only hope that at least some will finally wake up to the cultish ways of this organization.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well this is indeed completely awesome news, and I'm bookmarking this now in hopes that a scanned letter shall soon appear.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well,

What do we expect from a group of uneducated old men whose' life careers consisted of living off their fellows through the WTBTS? Think about it. For the first time in the history of the Governing Body there is nobody on it who went to college, much less holds a degree. So old men who are proud of their "success" in life without a college education are showing their utter contempt for those who have or seek one. It kind of reminds me of those peasants who ruled the Soviet Union from the Politburo. The same mindset and contempt.

like the Politburo, they have a certain use for educated men for propaganda purposes or critical positions which require such education by law, but only those who are already proven politically reliable. Otherwise, they'd rather have the rest of the flock remain just as ignorant as themselves.

Nice thread Seeker. How are things going with you and the family? Drop me a PM.

Forscher

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I just don't even understand how ANYONE can think that there is ANY possible justification (other than preventing loss of loyalty to the borg through learning stuff).

The "devote yourself to service" angle. College is a pretty big deal in terms of time, but if a family PREPARED for a long time, their kids COULD regular pioneer AND go to college. Hell, they could even make use of this "opportunity to witness to classmates" that we were so encouraged to do. What about all the other shit that people do rather than go out in service? Watch a movie, whoops there's 2 hours you could have devoted to God. How about no TV before no college? Why is college a specially evil time waster? Ahh, because there is Light and dubs must fear the Light.

I say Bring_the_Light

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

SEEKER

Here is why:

Back in them days, elders talked young bros in the comg out of going to college and those who rejected elders counsel and went to college anyway were ostracized in the congragation and looked down upon and insiduously cast.

Now, it would be a mockery to all those jws who gave up going to college and listened to the elders back then and to put kingdom interest first, if the children of todays elders went to college and put the kingdom aside sort of speak until later on.

Some Jws today who listened to the wts have to struggle financially beccause they lack the essential college degree, sneeringly observe fellow jws who did not lsiten and who can live a sweeter easier life because of it with blessings and more privilidges and honors from the wts too and of course because of their better qualifications they are over the high school grads.

What a joke if elders encourage their kids to go to college today.

The same elders that in the past when they were single admonsihed young ones in the cong not to go to college college have now encouraged their kids to go to college.

Again, those struggling financially ones waiting for armagaeddon who observe this not only sneer at this but are surely outraged. What do you think?

• carla
    carla

Worf-"Don't watch the news." --- I must disagree with you there, my jw is addicted to the news and many non(never been) jw ubm's would agree. It seems to be a common complaint among converts (?) ubm's, why do they need to watch the morning news, afternoon, 5:00, 6:00 and sometimes 9:00 and 10:00 news?! Even with the rainacoplyse there is not that much new news in one day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit