Self -Employed or Otherwise Gainfully Employed - Gas Prices Eating You Up?

by flipper 115 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Last night at the gas pump I had a verbal , emotional outburst , swearing to no one in particular - just the gas pump , until I saw 2 guys at the island down from me - so I figured I'd let it rip ! Frustration over these insanely rising gas prices finally took it's toll on even -keeled Mr. Flipper !

I started my rant , wanting these guys feedback , " What is it with these #ucking gas prices ? Last week I paid $ 3.89 per gallon, and here a week later I'm paying 30 cents a more per gallon at $ 4.19 per gallon ! " I continued, " I want Dick Cheney, Halliburton, and Bush's head on a silver god damned platter for letting this go on ! " I continued, " I'm now paying $40.00 per day - 5 days a week . $ 800.00 per month to have the " privilege " to operate my business ! " Then one guy told me he lives next to where he works - rides his bicycle to work ! Why do I always meet THESE people who make me feel WORSE !??? Anyway - we ended our trivialities - and went our separate ways - me apologizing for my emotional outburst, and them saying, " Oh. We totally understand ! "

So- What about you good folks here on JWD ? How much per week, or per month are you paying now for your " privilege " to contribute to our economy and work force ? Is it getting to the point that the means whereby- does not justify the end result ? I really want to know how you guys are handling this gas crunch ! I look forward to your comments ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Highlander
    Highlander

Last year I spent more than 14,000 on fuel. I'm not a truck driver, but I'm self employed and spend 6+ days on the road each week. This year I bought a fuel efficient vehicle that cut my fuel costs by 2/3rds

I know that's not always an option for small businesses that require the use of larger vehicles, however there are still options out there for almost everyone. Even the trucking industry considers it feasible to achieve 10 mpg on a big rig.(new rigs are being developed with fuel economy in mind) Changes will happen now that we need them and want them.

• ninja
    ninja

I know what you mean flippy.......although in scotland we are behind the times.....I tell the guy at the garage to fill her up and he brings out a bale of hay for the horse

• llbh
    llbh

I am paying $11+ per gallon of diesel, drive about 400 miles per week at a cost of about $460 per month.

Getting worked up at the petrol station does not help, but i can understand your frustation

Regards david

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Although work is close by, we average between 600-700 dollars per month
    normally. I expect it to top 800, but I do try to plan out any extra trips to all in one day
    outside of the business.

hope4others

• flipper
    flipper

HIGHLANDER- I'm glad to hear you cut your gas costs by 2/3rds by getting a fuel efficient vehicle. I agree changes will happen- but I think the changes will be slower in coming than everybody needs.

NINJA- Wow! You guy have gone back in time for your transportation mode, eh ? Horses ? LOL!

LLBH- Wow! You are paying $ 11.00 per gallon on diesel ?! It is getting nuts ! I agree getting worked up doesn't help- I don't do it often - but it did help me let off steam .

HOPE 4 OTHERS- So you folks are paying out about what I've been paying out in gas costs per month ! Isn't it crazy ? We do just have to really plan our trips though, I agree

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Mr Flipper - (DO NOT READ THIS, as it might make your day worse...sorry.)

Don't forget that in a couple of weeks we'll look back and say,..."Gosh remember the good ol' days when we were paying just $4 bucks a gallon."

-BONEZZ

PS. We ain't getting screwed anymore...we is gettin' gang-banged!

• flipper
    flipper

BONEZZ- I agree with you- we are getting gang banged - by the oil companies and other powers that be ! If I'm getting gang banged- why doesn't it feel so good ? LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• asilentone
    asilentone

I mostly work from home

• flipper
    flipper

ASILENTSTONE- You lucky dog you ! Working from out of your home ! I'm envious ! Good for you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit