"They (WT) took me out of context", Gail Bethea-Jackson video

by Fatfreek 155 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Just a few points before I forget them.

1. To add a bit of credibility to Gail's letter I scanned and "attached" the face of the envelope to page 2 of her letter. The handwriting on the envelope and her signature (yes, I know I blurred it for her protection) appear to my untrained eye to be the same. Please note -- you may have to hit your refresh button more than once in order to see the envelope.

2. More credibility -- another member of this forum telephoned Ms. Jackson earlier today and confirmed, as I understand it, the letter which all of you have now seen. The address and phone number of her clinic is a public record. You may choose to do the same.

3. As you all know, my question to her was simple, only relating to when that video was taken. I was too embarrassed to ask other questions that we'd all been speculating on within that earlier thread. Amazingly, she answered just about every one of those as well. My guess is that some reporter or clerk from my U.S. senator's office called her with similar questions and she decided to kill all birds with one stone -- thus, the letter I received. It may be a copy that she'd already prepared for others. I, of course, don't pretend to know that.

4. A point was made earlier in page 3 of this thread that (let me paraphrase here and I know you'll correct me if I've drawn the wrong conclusion) the WT, on their video page, has actually said nothing. It only quotes Ms. Jackson. She is to blame for its content. She said it.

I say this: Ms. Jackson, while saying what she said, did not place it on their site -- they did. They, alone, have that authority. By so doing, they subscribed to what she said, authenticated it, endorsed it, legitimized it, sanctioned it, validated it, and ratified it. If they'd been experts in the matter they would not have needed one who is external to their organization. By doing all that, they're telling their flock, Brothers and Sisters -- we're hanging our hat on what this person said about this matter and this is the current light on the matter. You may take it and illuminate your path with it.

Len Miller

• steve2
    steve2
    Anyway, I have made up my mind, I take it for what it is. You guys are free to run with this ginourmos scandal :>)

Hi again, Death-To-Pixies,

I have appreciated you sharing your views on this topic. I value this freedom to share views. Many thanks.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

That shit is awesome...yet more irrefutable proof.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When will the Watchtower writing department learn......? Skeeter

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well, it's been a few hours since I posted the scanned letter & envelope......not one peep out of the many witnesses there who have called me all kinds of names from "evil apostate" to "satan's liar."

Not a sound....Is there an echo?.....

• besty
    besty
    Even if she was talking of younger children abusing even younger children, I fail to see how she was taken out of context.

Death to Pixies - It is GBJ who claims to have been taken out of context, not us evil apostates making the claim, but the interviewee.

Consider the words 'taken out context'. That means what was shown on the video was a smaller part of the original whole. You state that the WTS haven't added to or changed her words. Maybe so, but by removing most of her interview and editing the rest, what she appears to say gives a misleading effect to the advantage of the WTS. Her words, not ours.

The WTS have lied by omission.

GBJ says she gave a 1 hour interview, approximately 90 seconds of which appears on the website. Can you explain why you don't see that as out of context in itself?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I just received one reply. You guessed it....I photo-shopped it. Made it all up myself. Damn, I'm good!

• poppers
    poppers
    When will the Watchtower writing department learn......? Skeeter

The fact they haven't learned will be their undoing. They are proving to be their own worst enemy.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

GOOD WORK!!!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Tatiana, do you have a link to that site please ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit