"They (WT) took me out of context", Gail Bethea-Jackson video

by Fatfreek 155 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks Blondie for that link to Danny Haszard's capture of the Watchtower video -- the one they, of course, pulled -- after Danny and others copied it.

Thanks Data-Dog for that brief description of what may have gone through the minds of the GB during that time frame.

What should not be overlooked when you view the video is the text in that (I think) third paragraph to the left of the video viewing screen. Watchtower, in that text, introduces the speaker as "Dr. Gail Bethea Jackson ...". That, of course, is the lie that they obviously needed to sweep under the rug. In her letter to me (see the full copy on page 1 of this thread) she stated:

"I am not [a] Dr. I am a licensed clinical social worker who specializes in the field of victimization."

"Mr. Miller, I am not a Witness, and I did this as a favor to a former colleague and friend who is a Witness. I am really feeling misrepresented and betrayed. They [Watchtower site page] have a number on the bottom of the segment to their media department, and I not only will be contacting them tomorrow; but I have also contacted an attorney regarding what I can do about having it pulled."

"Thank you so much for contacting me, and please feel free to write or call me if I can be of assistance to you further."

To exacerbate their dishonesty, Watchtower never acknowledged this error to their flock. It's been five years. They have acknowedged some errors within their publications in the past using the publisher's errata technique -- but not for this web site publication.

Len Miller

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BUMPING.

Thanks for this research Len. Just fyi, I was just trying to make sense of all the info for myself. There were quite a few pages to read. I was not even aware of this video, but I think i read something which included some of the transcript. I remember experiencing some dissonance when the claim was made that no one knew child abuse was harfmful 18-20 years ago.....

• Violia
    Violia

bttt

• Scott77
    Scott77

Very informative reading. I did not know this story before. Miller, ways to go

Scott77

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Unbelievably... Believable.

WatchTower lies, again.

LoisLane

• Listener
    Listener

This is a very interesting read.

It really highlights just a typical bunch of men and how they try to excuse themselves. Using an old video (and out of context) to suggest that they (and everone else) didn't know the serious nature of child abuse back 20 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit