"They (WT) took me out of context", Gail Bethea-Jackson video

by Fatfreek 155 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dogpatch
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Surely the Watchtower Society's own legal advisors read the media release before it was approved. Did it not occur to them that, if the media release quoted an "expert" who appeared to support their failure to act on disclosed child sexual abuse, readers would check out the credentials of the "expert" and the wider context of the quote? Dah!

Their back is to the wall. They're desperately grasping at straws.

The gig is up.

Sylvia

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Surely the Watchtower Society's own legal advisors read the media release before it was approved. Did it not occur to them that, if the media release quoted an "expert" who appeared to support their failure to act on disclosed child sexual abuse, readers would check out the credentials of the "expert" and the wider context of the quote? Dah!

Kidding right? The purpose of the quote was not to justify "their failure to act on child abuse". Once that false objection goes away, so does this thread. With the exception that they should correct the fact they called her "Dr." when she apparently is not. That seems like a benign mistake though.

• steve2
    steve2
    The purpose of the quote was not to justify "their failure to act on child abuse". Once that false objection goes away, so does this thread. With the exception that they should correct the fact they called her "Dr." when she apparently is not. That seems like a benign mistake though.

Death-to-Pixies, just to clarify, I said their quoting the "expert" was to justify "their failure to act on disclosed child abuse". You add that once "that false objection goes away, so does the thread". Not so. As Gail Bethea-Jackson herself said in her letter to Len, her comments have been edited and taken out of context. She was not even talking about what the video claimed she was talking about. But let's not be hasty: Perhaps when this is drawn to the Watchtower's attention they will correct this error?

You also say that calling her "Dr" "seems like a benign mistake". Fair enough. That being the case, we should expect to see this also corrected. I'm prepared to wait.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Death-to-Pixies, just to clarify, I said their quoting the "expert" was to justify "their failure to act on disclosed child abuse". You add that once "that false objection goes away, so does the thread".

From what I see I do not interpret it as an attempted excuse for anything, rather a sincere effort at informing people that this needs to be taken seriously. Certainly in the future moreso.

Not so. As Gail Bethea-Jackson herself said in her letter to Len, her comments have been edited and taken out of context. She was not even talking about what the video claimed she was talking about. But let's not be hasty: Perhaps when this is drawn to the Watchtower's attention they will correct this error?

I guess I need help. This is what I am not seeing, even including Ms. Jackson-Bethea's response. Where did they even add words to the web-page at all.? Am i looking at a different page and video than everyone else? It seems to be all of Gail's words. I am not seeing any context added by the WT, maybe I am missing it though. What I suspect could be the cause of this response by Gail is a flooding of derogatory mail and apparently phone calls directed to her by certain ones. She may feel the need to defend herself. I mean, she gave an interview that just happened to end up in the hands of the owners of the JW media site? Really, she did not know what was going on? Really? Seems odd.

You also say that calling her "Dr" "seems like a benign mistake". Fair enough. That being the case, we should expect to see this also corrected. I'm prepared to wait.

I agree, they should take the video down even if for nothing else that is causing Gail Bethea-Jackson grief from people calling her etc..etc. It is the right thing to do.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I hope she sues the pants off them

I wish she would take legal action. Watchtower does this all the time. They misquote and misapply and see if they can get away with it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Unfortunately, most do not sue.

Most professionals just think of these as annoyances.

But, in this case we shall see.

Great thread and research.

This is going to leave [another] mark.

hawk

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I guess I need help. This is what I am not seeing, even including Ms. Jackson-Bethea's response. Where did they even add words to the web-page at all.? Am i looking at a different page and video than everyone else? It seems to be all of Gail's words.I am not seeing any context added by the WT, maybe I am missing it though. What I suspect could be the cause of this response by Gail is a flooding of derogatory mail and apparently phone calls directed to her by certain ones. She may feel the need to defend herself. I mean, she gave an interview that just happened to end up in the hands of the owners of the JW media site? Really, she did not know what was going on? Really? Seems odd.

Hmmmm....

http://www.pathfinderproject.org/pathfoudinfo.htm

http://www.pathfinderproject.org/

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks FF,

This is the work needed to show the truth about the workings of the Watchtower.

Real, tangable, hard evidence.

Thanks again,

Bryan

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I guess I need help.

The whole tenor of the edited interview is that of, "Gee, shucks, we don't know nuttin, heck, even a few years ago no one knew this was happenin".

Poppycock. Child molestation didn't "spring up" since 1985.

To trot out an ancient, heavily edited interview to defend such gross misconduct and imply the whole thing is "new light" - well, I hope this helps you see the situation a little more clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit