OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

I propose we ALL go to the meeting where this article is "discussed" to show our repentance

Deus Mauzzim

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

They are discussing this on a JW board. Someone from Belgium said it was in theirs too. Some are not too happy about this.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Week commencing 10th September

Thank you Dozy

• freeme
    freeme

its not new. but its something new to say it in this hard words in the km!

of course independent researching always shows a rebellious spirit since it means the fds doesnt do enough.

• veradico
    veradico

I liked how certain words are used in the article that would only have a negative connotation to someone initiated into the Jehovah's Witnesses' "pure language." Words like "independent" and "debate." Some have already commented on the use of "associates."

• jgnat
    jgnat

And yet, in varous parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study...Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

Throughout the earth, Jehovah's people arereceiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah's organization.

It is commendable for individuals to want touse their thinking ability in support of the good news. However...

For those who wish to do extra Bible study abnd research, we recommend...our...publications...These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation.

If I were Jehovah's Witness, the first thing I would want to know is, where are these independent groups, websites, chat rooms, and literature? Won't this inspire some suspicion and curiosity amongst the Witnesses? Wouldn't a brother or sister wonder what all the brouhaha is about? I look forward to a flood of the curious to join sites like ours. The unthinking incurious might as well stay where they are.

How about if we hold a "welcome newbies" and "classic thread resurrection" party here on JWD on the week of September 10?

• blondie
    blondie

http://jehovah.to/

Jehovah's Witnesses United is one website that I am sure is being targeted, one that post's "JW" apologist Greg Stafford's stuff.

and his direct website (?)

http://www.elihubooks.com/

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

If the F&DS "does not endorse any literature....not produced or organized under its oversight", where does this put literature such as Josephus and other 'non-JW" historical texts? Are all linguistic, scientific, and history texts now "not endorsed" (and to be avoided) becuase none of them are "produced or organized under oversight" by the society?

How do others think JW's will respond to this? Does this letter really imply that JW's are not to get together and have pre-WT meetings/readings/studies of their own or are they ok so long as people dont look any further than their WT and look at other WT literature? Does the society expect people to only study their WT material by themselves and at the meetings?

• metaspy
    metaspy

I like how the KM's instructions say to "as time permits, read and discuss cited scriptures".
    With a topic like this, I almost doubt he will have time to look up the scriptures.

• DJK
    DJK

Very interesting article.

I went back to the topic of abbreviations and OKM/KM wasn't there. What is it an abbreviation for? Maybe I forgot or some new publication since I left the org.

DJK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit