OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Do you think a dub would justify this by saying as long as they don't study in a group setting or read other material in a group setting that it's ok?

Man this article is unbelievable!

I hope my wife freaks out when she reads this KM. She won't but I hope so.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    TheListener

Do you think a dub would justify this by saying as long as they don't study in a group setting or read other material in a group setting that it's ok?

Man this article is unbelievable!

I hope my wife freaks out when she reads this KM. She won't but I hope so.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe you should plan to pre-study the KM for that night with another couple and see what she does when you get to that material. Oh Dear!

BP

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I want to comment on this final paragraph : (thanks frank!)
    :
    For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be "filled with the accurate knowledge of [God's] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God."–Col. 1:9, 10.
    :

All bible quotes taken from the NWT:

First off, when Paul, in this letter is using "YOU", let's clarify to whom he is referring.

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God’s will, and Timothy [our] brother 2 to the holy ones and faithful brothers in union with Christ at Co·los´sae:
    Okay, now let's look at the scriptures quoted:

Col. 1:9 That is also why we, from the day we heard [of it], have not ceased praying for YOU and asking that YOU may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, 10 in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing [him] as YOU go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God, 11 being made powerful with all power to the extent of his glorious might so as to endure fully and be long-suffering with joy, 12 thanking the Father who rendered YOU suitable for YOUR participation in the inheritance of the holy ones in the light.

Paul here is praying to God. He is asking God "that YOU may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension". And "thanking the Father who rendered YOU suitable for YOUR participation ". But, who are the Watchtower asking for accurate knowledge? "our other publications [...]. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be "filled with the accurate knowledge..."

They are also stating that it is their publications that should be used "in order to walk worthily of Jehovah". This is not new, (cf. Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education. p.33-38 "How to Do Research"). And if we add to this their favorite scripture in Matt 24:25-47, "to give them their food at the proper time[...]He will appoint him over all his belongings.", it's once again a reminder that the Watchtower has taken the place of God to its adherents.

steve

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have not read all of this

but is a family bible study considered an independent group as well?

purps

• fjtoth
  • Burger Time
    Burger Time

I have been having independent discussions with my Mom on certain doctrines. She is a staunch JW who has special pioneered, and pioneered off and on for over 30 years. She encouraged me to use outside sources such as the King James, NSV, INV, and other bibles other then the NWT. She also encouraged me to use Bible commentary and clearly said, "the society has never nor ever would stop people from doing independent research! They tell us to read the bible daily!". So in the last couple of emails I said I had heard "rumblings" that the WTS was going to cast a shadow on doing research or studying with groups. She has yet to reply one way or another, but the fact is my Mom is now going to have to eat crow. There is no way she can work around this one, and it's a shame.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This is the most perverted thing I've seen in WT print in a long time.

They are

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This QB is a perfect example of how clueless they are as to why they are sinking.

So they Vader grip the publishers, ironic that it will have the opposite effect.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I sent a copy to my mom ... I bet she ignores it or sents me a note that says, "well, you know that they must be doing what's best for the organization".. blah blah blah

• fjtoth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit