OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

It may not be explicitly forbidding such meetings, but it's pretty close. It basically says it's a waste of valuable time and that JWs should be content with reading the Society's literature instead. The way I see it being applied in the congregations is extremely strong pressure by elders against JWs who want to be apologists. I would be surprised if a JW could be an elder or ministerial servant or pioneer and be involved in any of these activities described in this KM.

• KW13
    KW13

how can people not see it for what it is?

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you, thank you , thank you! They have really done it this time. If there are any witnesses left with half a brain, this should be a wake up call.

I can hardly contain myself. If this is a hoax, I will find you and rip you limb from limb with by bare hands.

changeling

• BFD
    BFD

All I read was the question and the first sentence of the answer. Pathetic! How do those who consider the bible to be thier authority give it up so easily?

It's beyond comprehension.

BFD

• Hermano
    Hermano

It would be really interesting to be at the meeting when this is "studied." I would love to hear the extremists at the K.H. comment on this and expand on it.

The society doesn't need to explicitly forbid anything. They just need to print and article like this one and let the local wackos run with it. I think there's a witch hunt brewing...

• metaspy
    metaspy

This is no hoax changeling.
    Unfortunately, even the most thinking of JWs get the wrong view of things.
    If this would have come out a couple of years ago, I would not even have blinked twice.
    I would have said "yeah, what were those people thinking, questioning the society"
    My brother, who has already seen the box, said "people have time to write their own books?!?"
    His thinking is that people should learn to trust the society with their whole mind/soul/heart.
    I couldn't correct him without giving myself away (that I don't believe the borg).

• changeling
    changeling

Ok, so, do I need my meds regulated or is this as HUGE as I think it is? I think this is HUGE! Did I say HUGE? Yes, I do mean HUGE! I can't wait to dig through my family's stuff and get my hands on that KM. This is HUGE people!

changeling

• journey-on
    journey-on

Changeling

I get the feeling you think this thing is HUGE. Am I right?

• changeling
    changeling

HUGE!!!!!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Basically, the Society knows from experience that many JWs who do this sort of thing end up at variance with some doctrine or teaching. It was groups like this that fueled the so-called "apostasy" in Brooklyn in 1980. A JW apologist who has a website or starts publishing materials develops a following and then if they start suggesting that the "Faithful Slave" is wrong on something (and let's face it, that's easy to establish!), it could lead to more schisms.

I think this tells us that the chances that the JWs might liberalize soon are close to nil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit