OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I think this is amazing - as a JW I would perceive it as discouragement from studying The BIBLE (which I think is what they're trying to achieve, for fear of JWs actually understanding Scriptures differently to the Org's interpretation), and of course, the Org's bad interpretation of it.

''For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," ''etc...

...but NO mention of The BIBLE. All 'Bible' studying to be overseen by the Org!

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news

Yep...a lttle patronisation, lol.

As I see it, the Org's getting careless....a revolt of 6 million members and it wouldn't stand a chance. Sadly the 'old folks' understand this type of propoganda as protection from the 'World'

• frozen one
    frozen one

Its been a long time since I have had much to do with witnesses. I have a question. When witnesses are going door to door looking for converts, given the society's stance on independent study and reading non-society publications, how do witnesses respond if the householder says, "My religion discourages bible study outside my church and it forbids reading materials from other religions." What would be a witness response if they were pressed on the issue if they happen to stop by my house and I started asking questions like, "What does your religion teach? Are you encouraged to study the Bible outside of formal groups? What was the last non-witness publication regarding religion you read? If witnesses are not supposed to study independent of your church, why do you ask non-witnesses to study with you?" I'm sure they have some convoluted logic that allows the issue to go two different ways

• Es
    Es

Its sickening my parents are believing every word of this article.

es

• Mary
    Mary

I put the article into Fireworks....hopefully this is a bit easier to read:

QFR-1.gif picture by sam3217

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

DJK - "OKM/KM" = "Our Kingdom Ministry" / "Kingdom Ministry"

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

After reading frozen one's post, made me think. Maybe there's no need to 'recruit' more - the Society just needs to maintain the 'Status Quo'...with investments and donations (and property sales), maybe it's achieved a method of 'ticking over' with minimal prophet profit....the dubs will be brainwashed into thinking see questions from householders as originating with Satan, and thus dismissible....the Org needs to be SEEN as doing the preaching work..and the R&F need to BELIEVE they are doing it.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Wow....but like Blondie said this isn't a new thing. They probably feel the need to remind the flock since JWs are different now compared to the Ray Franz days in the 80's. More modern means of communication i.e. wireless phones, internet, IMing, txt messaging, etc. are a major part of life now and they know its having an effect on the publishers. Easier to find info now anonomously, and easier to convey to others discreetly what you've found.

I find it interesting that they never once mention if its ok to just study the bible or not, they skirted around that one. Perhaps they should change their name to Watchtower, Awake and Tract Society instead.

• DJK
    DJK
    DJK - "OKM/KM" = "Our Kingdom Ministry" / "Kingdom Ministry"

Thank you.

• Mary
    Mary

Wups! Sorry Elsewhere----I hadn't read through all the postings and I didn't see that you had already fixed it up. May Jah bless you for your efforts.

With that said, I have to admit I am somewhat stunned that the Slobbering Body members could still be foolish enough to print something so crazy. It shows the advanced stages of paranoia, complete stupidity and a desperate attempt to try and stem the flow of information that is readily available to anyone with access to the internet. I hope they realize that it's ridiculous articles like this one that actually gets those who would normally be loyal to the Borg, to start to question and think for themselves. That's what happened to me. It wasn't 'apostate literature' that first got me to question whether or not this was 'the Truth', but it was the drivel I read in the Watchtower that was instrumental in getting me to really question things.

What was it that Princess Leia said to Governor Tarkin? "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers". Perhaps the Governing Body should take heed that their latest feeble attempt at Damage Control only makes them look more foolish, more insane and more like the Pharisees every day. What a group of nutters.........

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

A few is like three, right?

So three associates started some groups that discuss Biblical matters?

THEY ARE LIARS!

They wouldn't waste the time of over six million worshippers with something that affects a few.

The word "few" is used to make those that are questioning things feel marginalized and alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit