UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• comment
    comment

"Yes, Brother Elder, I appreciate your concerns. But in my personal opinion, voting in this election won't make me 'part of the world.' I don't think that it will interfere with my duties as a spiritual ambassador if I vote for someone to care for temporal affairs in the period before Christ takes control of the earth. I am prepared to shoulder partial responsibility for the actions of the candidate I vote for. I'm not going to be dogmatic about how great my choice is or encourage others in the congregation to vote the same way, so there's no need to worry that my voting will affect the unity of the congregation. And when I go door to door, I won't discuss who I voted for with the householders, but if asked, I'll tell them that I made a personal decision and I'd like to keep that decision personal. I'm glad we were able to talk this over, Brother Elder, and I have no problem with whether you personally choose to vote or not. See you at the meeting tomorrow--wasn't that an excellent Watchtower study about the Christian view of the United Nations?"

comment

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

"If only a few leave it is worth the effort." I agree with this comment. And want to add that those that leave will surely take one or two out with them, etc. etc.

This will snowball.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hawk -- just taking a moment to thank you once again for all your diligent work. I am such a busy person that I cannot imagine having to do all the work you are doing. And I'm sure you're busy too. That's why you deserve so much credit.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Something very interesting about this Question from reader article is that they sent the Cos out to all the congregations to verbally tell us, the rank and file, that the original rules stand, that the article was for Jws in other countries. You vote , automatic disassociation.
    This was very dishonest to the public,JWs, and any Governmental agencies that read it.
    I want to know why!!!
    Ranchette

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thankyou msil and cyberguy for providing the Questions for Readers info. I've been reading it over and its quotation from the 1950 Watchtower.

In the 1999 WT, it makes it sound like its totally up to the individual to vote if they so desire...and if we conside the 5 factors, then as true JWs, we will be neutral, be good ambassadors, not stumble other JWs, will put our trust in God etc. but if we do vote, we understand we have to answer to God for our decision. To the world (and the UN) it looks like we can make up our own mind on voting but we see through the wording.

Even the quotation from the 1950 WT makes it "appear" to be all left up to us but here is what the whole paragraph really said in comparing registering for the army and registering to vote:

In lands where military conscription is in force Jehovah’s witnesses register the same as all others within the age limits, and they write down their relationship to the matter....(Luke 2:1-5, NW) But it is when these ministers of Jehovah’s Word are called up for induction into the army that then they present themselves and take their stand according to God’s Word and pay to him what belongs to him.

Likewise where Caesar makes it compulsory for citizens to vote. After they have registered and when election day comes, they can go to the polls and enter the voting booths. It is here that they are called upon to mark the ballot or write in what they stand for. The voters do what they will with their ballots. So here in the presence of God is where his witnesses must act in harmony with his commandments and in accordance with their faith.

23 It is not our responsibility to instruct them what to do with the ballot. They must act in accord with their conscience as enlightened by the study of God’s Word. In lands where voting is not compulsory, the ministers of Jehovah’s Word remember that his people are theocratically organized

That's plain enough when the whole paragragh is quoted. When, after registering, JWs were called up for induction, we all knew what our stand was to be. So comparing voting to that situation made the required decision plain.

Ranchette said:

Something very interesting about this Question from reader article is that they sent the Cos out to all the congregations to verbally tell us, the rank and file, that the original rules stand, that the article was for Jws in other countries. You vote , automatic disassociation.

Is that possible written anywhere for reproduction to show to the UN?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

>> Something very interesting about this Question from reader article
    >> is that they sent the Cos out to all the congregations to verbally
    >> tell us, the rank and file, that the original rules stand, that
    >> >> the article was for Jws in other countries. You vote , automatic
    >> disassociation.
    >> This was very dishonest to the public,JWs, and any Governmental
    >> agencies that read it.
    >> I want to know why!!!

Well, in light of this latest UN expose, I suspect that they'll issue other directives in the near future, such as blood transfusions are "ok" in some parts of the world (i.e., parts of the world where states subject to the UN, require freedom of choice) if your conscious allows you to! But in other parts of the world, they'll DA'ya faster than you can blink your eyes if you even think about doing it (which is the current standard in the US for registering to vote)! In summary, we now seem to have one set of rules for witnesses living in the "West" and another set of rules if you live in former Soviet countries! That is, in some places, voting is a conscious matter and in other places you can be DA'ed. This truly smacks of sectarianism!

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

NO, nothing in writing to the rank and file. They purposely kept it word of mouth. There could be something in writing between WT & COs, but I doubt it. This was diliberate deceit for the governments benefit. They put in writing what the Gov wanted to hear and verbally did damage control with their members This talk directly contradicted the question from readers article.
    I remember being very upset at this article and making notes all over it. It went against everything I had been taught!
    There was a firestorm of questions to elders and the society after this article! Thus, the secrete talks that the Gov would never know about!

The tone of the talk went this way,
    Many have come to the conclusion that it is now a conscience matter to vote now.
    That is not what the article says.
    A true witness of Jah would never think such a thing.
    Besides this article was not for Americans anyway.
    If you vote you will be disassociated.
    You idiots, we can’t believe you’re wasting our precious time on explaining this article to you!!!!

This was not an innocent act. They were up to something!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

From what I understand, CO's in the US (mainland, not Hawaii) received a letter from the GB that they were to read to congregations regarding the Question From (to) Readers, regarding voting. I hope that some CO will forward that letter to some of us so that it can be posted and provided to the UN's DPI/NGO regarding Watchtower's position and human rights!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

this to aknowledge the many e-mail received,

after I posted again the links and the material. It is also

good, as it was already suggested - to make copies of each web

page, concerning the NGO, including the part of the alphabetical

list. This should be done as soon, as possible, just in case the

DPI's office decides to - DELETE - everything associated with

the name WTBS.

To Ranchette:

"Question from reader article is that they sent the Cos out to all the congregations to verbally tell us, the rank and file, that the original rules stand, that the article was for Jws in other countries. You vote , automatic disassociation.
    This was very dishonest to the public,JWs, and any Governmental agencies that read it.
    I want to know why!!!"

I do not challenge the truthfulness of your statement but I can

assure you , that similar things , WILL NOT be TOLERATED by many

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES such as : France, Italy, Belgium , Austria,

Germany, - just to name few -.

The "... voting's change in understanding.." came at a very

crucial moment for the WTBS interests, and like the UN, it was

another step to gain the status " of mainstream religion " or

if like it better " a recognized religion "!!!

What an HYPOCRISY, what double talk, what a deception,

and as has already been commented, it is always this misterious

brother/s " S O M E ..." who leads the pack !

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

PS :To everyone - do not forget the copies
    of the UN web's pages.

Cyberguy: Thanks for the information and
    let's hope that another " rock " will
    arrive , i.e. the letter that you have
    mentioned.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I got an email earlier from someone that made me feel as though I'd like to take another swing at some of the hints that people have made on this board about people doing the 'right' thing or the 'wrong' thing with the UN and any other info dug up on our latest WT crusade. (Like there won't be plenty more in the years to come---get real!!)

People left the organization in the late 1890's or so...no internet, no ex-bible student community yet.

More peolep left the org in 1914..no internet and no ex-whatever community yet.

More people left the org in the 1930's..still no internet and not much of an ex-whatever community.

More people left the org in the 1975-1976 era...not much of an internet and the beginnings of an ex-JW comunity.

More people left in the 80's...a decent internet and a great ex-JW commmunity.

1990 - 2000 + People leaving the org in near hemorhage numbers. a hell of an internet and a hell of an ex-jw community...now worldwide (Heehee)

My point is, people have been leaving this organization for 120+ years. Why is it that some of us can't get OUR spouses or OUR children or OUR parents to leave?

Because, simply, they are choosing their religious organization over us, that's why.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist....

Dunbeetle...of the 'needs a vacation class'

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit