UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Very fancinating. Once again WT policy and action is a reaction to outside factors.

The action itself is an admission either of "possible" guilt or at the least, not wanting to create concerns amongst the membership or further bad media coverage. Obviously resurrecting old WT quotes is not something they want as they try to bury the past and re-invent themselves.

As for all this, it is just another secret page in WT history that is added to the heap of evidence of them being just like everyone else that claims to speak for God. Hoping that the members never know and the few that do will soon forget, they behave as the hypocrites they always have.

Path

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

just a few comments:

to Kent: "...Well, Mac - they didn't quite manage to hide their tracks, though. I have posted screendumps on the Watchtower Observer on the Members Page, and I have saved the page itself! "

Well excellent, for future reference. Btw ,at this moment the

thread had 390 posts, 15,793 read it and contains 20 pages.

I've made a copy of every single post, which has been contributed

and all together the total is about 340 pages.

With all the references, quotes, photocopies of DPI documents,

applications forms etc.etc. A small archive.

Betweenworlds: "They are still showing up on the website though....at least on the page I have bookmarked......Wonder how long before they take their name of the UN's site?"

I do believe they will do it racther quickly, but not fast enough for

all of us here!

Pathofthorns:

"The action itself is an admission either of "possible" guilt or at the least, not wanting to create concerns amongst the membership or further bad media coverage. Obviously resurrecting old WT quotes is not something they want as they try to bury the past and re-invent themselves."

Excellent comments...- ...bury the past ...- as usual!

"As for all this, it is just another secret page in WT history that is added to the heap of evidence of them being just like everyone else that claims to speak for God. Hoping that the members never know and the few that do will soon forget, they behave as the hypocrites they always have."

Another proof of the hypocrisy, which the WTBS has

lavishly bestowed on the " R&F "!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi all!
    I've been following every post on every board I could find on this "New Light".......haven't done much else the past few days, LOL!

This is SO BIG!!!

I see that a few on here have had problems getting links to come up accurately (for lack of a better term) and I'm not sure if I'm EVER doing things right when posting on different boards :)It will take me time to get it right here, TOO, I'm SURE....so please be patient with me <grin>

I did a search (hah! "A" search......been here for HOURS, LOL!) and found a few things, too. I'll do my best to get'em on here!

This has been one of the best threads I've seen anywhere, my thanks goes out to you all for the many contributions (donations? <giggle>) that I've been avidly devouring for days....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mr. VEIJALAINEN, Director-General at the Ministry of the Interior, said there was a parliamentary exemption for Jehovah's Witnesses from military and civil service. The background to the exemption was that the Jehovah's Witnesses were the only group in Finland which did not support military service. Thus, while the situation was in conflict with formal equality in relation to other religious groups, there were important reasons to support that exemption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VLADISLAV ERMAKOV (Russian Federation) said Abdelfattah Amor, Special Rapporteur on religious intolerance, had said there must be a struggle against fundamentalist religious fanaticism. Efforts should be made to strengthen existing protections against fundamentalist violence. A federal law had been adopted in Russia supporting religious tolerance which had won approval from numerous religious organizations. There had been rapid growth of religious groups and of religious organizations in the Russian Federation; among other things, this was proof of a high level of religious tolerance. A local trial involving Jehovah's Witnesses had revealed that certain local standards were not in conformity with national norms for religious tolerance and steps had been taken to rectify the situation. Issues related to sects should be studied by the Special Rapporteur's study, as there was a concern about them among the major religious denominations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Committee asked for more information concerning the law enabling trial in absentia under certain conditions and a continuing legal provision for preventive detention. The Committee suggested that Finland remove reservations to the Covenant, and that it address Committee concerns regarding protection of Swedish speaking people's rights, the rights of asylum seekers and aliens, and the preferential treatment given to Jehovah's Witnesses. Overall, the Committee recommended that Finland continue its laudable efforts to promote greater awareness of the Covenant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Human Rights Committee - 5 - Press Release HR/CT/462 1489th Meeting (PM) 27 March 1996

Mr. KASANDA (Zambia) said the case under discussion was not a question of harassing the journalists, but of asking them to substantiate the stories which they published in their newspaper. They had taken the President and his family as the first target of their articles, and they were very well financed. For instance, when the President was on official travel, they questioned why he took his personal assistant instead of his wife. "The President is just as human as any other person. So why not ask them to substantiate what they say?"

He said the new Public Order Act required that the police be given two weeks notice of a planned meeting. The police had no discretion as to whether or not to allow such a meeting. There were now some 30 political parties in Zambia and some regulatory process was needed in order to avoid confusion. The Act was not intended to prevent the work of a political party, but was purely regulatory.

He said freedom of expression was only limited in instances regarding: defence; public order, morality and health; or protecting the rights of other persons. In the case regarding the singing of the national anthem, a "Watchtower" follower instructed his children not to sing the anthem as their religion permitted no allegiance to earthly institutions. However, at the same time, they accepted the privileges received from the Government.

One could not have one's cake and eat it too, he said. There were cases in which religion impeded the development, health and education of children, who were prevented by their parents from attending school. "They may have a right not to sing the national anthem, but it does not look very very nice.... This is not how we live in society. Society is reciprocity."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that about sums THAT up pretty well....having their cake and eating it too....."accept the priveleges" but don't reciprocate in kind.....suck what they can from the system, but scream how evil it is, and how it will be "destroyed" as they gloat over the events that sadly enough have touched the hearts of us all..........

I went to the UN website, and entered "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses"in their search, and came up with lots of very interesting things.

Hoping that this post gets through, I want to say a very special HI to Farkel, who I haven't been able to track down for SUCH a long time!
    I have such a soft spot for him and "stuff" he so kindly did for me when I needed a friend. I was SO tickled to see his name recently come up on here, like finding a comfy pair of slippers in the attic, that you thought were thrown out and gone forever. (BOY he's gonna HATE that analogy:)

I've had some extremely crappy developments (ALL WBTS related) to deal with, and the pain increases all the time. I seem to have the dubious distinction of STILL being under their control, even though I D/Aed myself in Oct 99......they still dictate who I can and can't visit (family) and have caused so MANY repercussions that it sounds like a Soap Opera in the making. It would sound "made up" if I were to put it all down on paper.......

Well...here I am....my first post (blush) I hope I haven't overstepped too much by being off topic.......like Minnie Pearl used to say, "I'm just so PROUD to BE here!"

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Dino
    Dino

sorry guys, but bttt, for all news reporters coming. Thanks to all!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

* http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph/alphabet.htm

Still listed. Unbelievable. thanks UN!!!!

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• comment
    comment

# http://www.unitednationsnews.com

This is really worthwhile!

It's dedicated to news stories about the United Nations from wire services and newspapers around the world. I just glanced through it and barely scratched the surface. You can find both the Guardian stories in there just by searching for "Jehovah's Witnesses." I'm sure that as more stories come out, you'll be able to find them here.

It's powered by a parent site called WorldNews.com and would be a great resource for anyone searching for news stories on *any* topic.

A definite bookmark.

comment

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

thanks comment...that comes in handy for the project I'm working on now.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Comment,

thanks for following so fast...

mu humble suggestion, and post your research in this

thread. Great, and be sure that it is really appreciated.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Dbee : I'm waiting ...please share with us

as ...usual. Thanks.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Dino
    Dino

bttt, Dino

• Dino
    Dino

bttt, Dino